08-28-2014 07:36 PM
91 1234
tools
    I love the site ,and love what they do. But everytime they get one of these Microsoft, Xbox Media, or Windows Phone cronies before them to interview, they give them softballs. Ask the real questions. Like why aren't they listening to their user base? And you know they will say we are, but blah blah blah. At which point they need to call them out and say, "no, your not listening or would have addressed everything that the masses have been screaming about". Ask what excuse they have for dumping a great Zune product because the Apple idiots made fun of it, and not caring that the Microsoft supporters loved it. Ask why in 4 years there is no way to manage your local music and video libraries. I'm about done. I've been the biggest Microsoft supporter (Windows phones, surfaces, Xbox's, PC's), but I cant stand that with each season, I lose features instead of gaining them. And even worse is no one is accountable for this, and there is just either lame excuses or flat out ignoring our demands.
    Kevin Rush and Great deal like this.
    05-11-2014 01:51 PM
    Have you ever used Zune software? What other music app have you used? The Xbox music app is a player only with no compelling features. For paying customers and ex Zuners this app is garbage.
    How many features could you possible have. I have not used Zune. I used winamp a long time ago.

And maybe thats why I am not actually using xbox music service just using it as a music player. I get my music from another source instead of downloading through an xbox music sub. My wife does though and she seems to be satisfied.
    05-12-2014 11:19 AM
    How many features could you possible have. I have not used Zune. I used winamp a long time ago.

And maybe thats why I am not actually using xbox music service just using it as a music player. I get my music from another source instead of downloading through an xbox music sub. My wife does though and she seems to be satisfied.
    How many can you possibly have? More than this pile of crap. I get you haven't used Zune, but come on. If your going to leave out the ability to edit the metadata, then you better make damn sure it can read it correctly. Because otherwise when it takes an mp3 clearly marked in the metadata as AC/DC and turns it into BB King, then what flipping good are you?
    05-12-2014 01:44 PM
    When you say metadata do you mean, Artist, Title, Album, Year, Genre?

If so then, how is it your songs don't come already configured. When I get a song it has all those information and even the correct picture shows up

Are you pirating songs and expecting it to work correctly and than getting mad when you can edit the info of the track?

Maybe try editing it on the computer before you sync it with your divice
    05-12-2014 02:30 PM
    When you say metadata do you mean, Artist, Title, Album, Year, Genre?

If so then, how is it your songs don't come already configured. When I get a song it has all those information and even the correct picture shows up

Are you pirating songs and expecting it to work correctly and than getting mad when you can edit the info of the track?

Maybe try editing it on the computer before you sync it with your divice
    I didn't pirate crap. As pointes out by the other gentleman, music we have ripped from STORE BOUGHT CD's has its metadata destroyed my Xbox Music. Music but DRM free from iTunes also has its metadata destroyed.
    05-12-2014 09:54 PM

Proper sorting, opting out of cloud matching, music and artist suggesting on what I like or own, multiple track/album purchasing at one time, screensaver, favorites marking. These were all basic features of Zune software. Oh and how about a cool splash screen?
    05-13-2014 12:30 AM
    Oh ok interesting I didn't know there was features like that. I guess you guys are paying so thats why you are mad because of lack of features. All I need is play, rewind, shuffle, forward, repeat. I don't look at my phone when I am listening to music so I don't care much for a splash picture or anything. I also do not need to see the name of the song and artist because I put the song on there so I already know who sings it and what its called. IDK maybe im plain.
    05-13-2014 11:14 AM
    Dont forget smart playlist. Have no idea why that was removed also, and has been AWOL for three years. All are basic features of iTunes. Horrible business strategy.
    05-13-2014 03:22 PM
    So are we ever going to get updates that address our local libraries? Or are all the updates for Music and Video foe this streaming crap? I've seen three years of streaming updates, I'd like to see three straight years of making my f'ing library work already.
    05-15-2014 05:21 PM
    Missionsparta: couldn't agree more, which is why I raised this uservoice suggestion on the XBM site:
    http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/forum...ds-an-overhaul

I just don't think the people making the decisions in the XBM team actually listen to music themselves. They can't do!
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    05-17-2014 03:28 AM
    These are great comments, in this string, about the music experience we have had in the past with Zune, and want again. Please read and vote, especially since Microsoft User Voice closed the VOTING after something like 60,000+ votes to bring back the Zune functionality and features. Read the comments. The fledgling Xbox Music App developers really do, have a long way to go before we'll have a mature software/app experience.
    kuloc19690 likes this.
    05-24-2014 11:53 PM
    i like music on windows phone 8 better music on windows phone 8.1!
    MSFTisMIA, Great deal and Arc Tran like this.
    05-25-2014 12:24 AM
    1 : long boot . slow loading music . cue the text ( 're looking for music ................... ) very inhibited. I'm not good expressing priority between music and memory sew

2 : jump over the North Asia lag chan me its just smoother as type 8.0 foul ago. see fast rule song list 30 cards of the past is but lag . always horrible lag . glue Posts beer album not move smoother .

3 : Ms do not allow users to freely edit music file information and photos of the singer should follow their health .
    Before you can use on mpatool more beautiful .

Ms slave to rule over bad music xbox only supports music of American and it found no support Asia Europe Latin America .... etc. . Image via string if any provision of miscellaneous fish in the sand as landfill . excuse me that in order to see the photos automatically measuring tape or something else you can suggest more photos for me acquire images from google or bing measurement source .

4 : no major support eliquaze genres or classic pop rook ... etc.

5 : the disappearance of live tiles : an improvement retreat from extremely deprived wp8.0 zune to 8.1 and now live tile completely disappeared . users do not like this

6 : the disappearance of : whats new : this classification rule to a playlist also.
    *copy music to forget names or heart tile is not much cop out copies cloud new threads

Anything else you bared more completive
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    05-25-2014 02:59 AM
    Windows phone 8.1: one step forward, ten steps back
    Kevin Rush and anon5997296 like this.
    05-25-2014 06:27 AM
    Hey guys, I hate doing this but would anyone be willing to put a vote or two, or three, for this suggestion?

Button for manual rebuilding of Music cache whtin the app

I ran into this yesterday and was totally frustrated and I too had to hard reset the phone to get the app to re-index my music and re-extract my cover art properly. Also, since I did this (and quickly turned off "Show streaming music in my collection") the app is working SO much better!

Now, I ran into an issue with the Xbox Music App for Windows 8.1, but that's another story/thread.
    05-25-2014 11:36 AM
    Bump. This string is a great read about the music Experience on our Windows devices. Please read the comments, learn, think, and VOTE for improvements.
    05-26-2014 01:09 AM
    Maybe I am not using the xbox music correctly or something because I have no issues with it. I click play random and shuffle and it plays music. I skip ones I don't want to listen to at the moment. Am I missing something? Where is the unusable part.

I am running WP8.1 DP
    I have two phones. A Lumia 520 and a Lumia 920. On my 920, it's usable, but barely. It takes a long time to load, gives me black screens, is sluggish, and so forth..

On my Lumia 520, it won't even load my artists..
    05-26-2014 01:31 AM
    lumia 920 app startup lag and a lag when opening a quick look at the song list . this does not happen on 520 630 . why?
    when using bluetooth to share the music . pull list music was serious lag .
    load not fast music .
    I do not like the black background , so I want to support my self- image instead of background singers .
    ms , Did that too difficult .
    poor music xbox can not satisfy me . and its singers picture background is very bad and no Asian singers .
    xbox if music does not do that let users do .
    Besides music without information nor edit the song information . inside this androi not happen .
    wp8.1 not livetile. too bad compared to zune .
    no eliquaze .
    can not list all the new songs added .
    programming team to listen and bring users what they need . but do not make it worse
    05-30-2014 05:03 AM
    Just look at the latest Xbox Music update. It took them two ducking weeks to add a swipe feature for songs. It's very laggy, and that's the only thing they added. How can it be so hard for them?
    I seriously doubt that anyone that worked on the Zune has anything to do with this mess, or they would know exactly what we are talking about. Its like we are speaking Chinese to them. For the last time, CONCENTRATE ON HOW IT HANDLES OUR OWN PERSONAL LIBRARY!!! This isn't really that hard.
    05-30-2014 01:42 PM
    They gave the Xbox Music project to their remote location in France for reasons I'm not entirely sure off.

Just give Rudy Huyn $50,000, Microsoft. He'll have the app done in 3 days, released in 4, and then 60 updates over the course of 90 days.
    06-01-2014 05:21 AM
    They gave the Xbox Music project to their remote location in France for reasons I'm not entirely sure off.

Just give Rudy Huyn $50,000, Microsoft. He'll have the app done in 3 days, released in 4, and then 60 updates over the course of 90 days.
    I vote for Johnny Westlake.
    06-01-2014 06:13 PM
    Bump. Re: Windows Phone music. This string is a great read about MUSIC app on our Windows devices. Please read the comments, learn, think, and then DO something and VOTE for improvements and advocate for a great and innovative experience possible for everyone.
    06-01-2014 10:28 PM
    I've been on the Z1 for music for a few weeks, and it's been pretty solid. In that time, I see Microsoft still hasn't made a single improvement to the Music app. Kind of pathetic. This has the potential to destroy the brand.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    06-02-2014 04:50 AM
    They've released updates every 2 weeks (as they said they would), but it's far from being a marketable app. If 8.1 gets a proper release with media playing in this state, my handsets are going back - they can't advertise a feature that simply doesn't work as a reasonable consumer might expect.
    Don't know why the updates aren't showing for a Z1 though.
    06-02-2014 05:31 AM
    They've released updates every 2 weeks (as they said they would), but it's far from being a marketable app. If 8.1 gets a proper release with media playing in this state, my handsets are going back - they can't advertise a feature that simply doesn't work as a reasonable consumer might expect.
    Don't know why the updates aren't showing for a Z1 though.
    Yep . This and the video app need to jump bounds in each update. Not baby steps. Three latest update came out.... No live tile still (is our considered "still" when we originally had out but taken away?)
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    06-02-2014 06:59 PM
91 1234