Easier way to make playlists?

MixahNY

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if there's an easier way to make a playlist than add music to "Now playing", and then creating one from there.
Then, once there is there any easy way to edit it? I can only figure out that to remove a single song, I need to recreate the entire thing and overwrite it. Or to add one, I have to import the playlist to my "Now playing" and then add a song and save over it. There's no sort of management program? Any update for 8.1?

MixahNY

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Wait, really? I need an Xbox music PASS?

All I'm looking for is a way to play music that I already own without paying for a subscription. What the hell? Can I not do this?

Warren_S

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
MixahXY. Several months ago I used my laptop and its Windows Media Player to create 4 playlists, I did several attempts to sync them with my Lumia 521 using the Windows Phone App that you put on a laptop to sync with your phone. One of the attempts worked and I had "single copies" of songs and the playlists worked.......until one week ago when I tried to sync a few new songs. Now I'm getting duplicate songs all over the place, and the same when using the drag and drop method, the laptop Windows Phone App is getting a zillion error messages (ok I exaggerate), the method of right-clicking the folders in the phone itself to "Add Playlist" doesn't work and the Now Playing Method you mentioned is ridiculous. It's unbelievable managing local music (the stuff you own) is such a nightmare on a Windows Phone.

I know this post was not helpful but I'm just venting. It was either vent here or throw my phone into a nearby retention pond.

MixahNY

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
No worries. I totally understand. I made this 130 track playlist for working out, and I accidentally put this one song that's WAY too mellow in it...

I can't figure out if there's a way to view the entire "Now Playing" list, so the only way I can remove it is to remake the entire playlist without that one track.

MixahNY

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
MixahXY. Several months ago I used my laptop and its Windows Media Player to create 4 playlists, I did several attempts to sync them with my Lumia 521 using the Windows Phone App that you put on a laptop to sync with your phone. One of the attempts worked and I had "single copies" of songs and the playlists worked.......until one week ago when I tried to sync a few new songs. Now I'm getting duplicate songs all over the place, and the same when using the drag and drop method, the laptop Windows Phone App is getting a zillion error messages (ok I exaggerate), the method of right-clicking the folders in the phone itself to "Add Playlist" doesn't work and the Now Playing Method you mentioned is ridiculous. It's unbelievable managing local music (the stuff you own) is such a nightmare on a Windows Phone.

I know this post was not helpful but I'm just venting. It was either vent here or throw my phone into a nearby retention pond.

Hey Warren:
Extreme Music | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Check this out! :-D

Stacey Sturghill

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I am so frustrated with Xbox Music. I would like to manage my own music that I have purchased over the years and create smart playlist like in iTunes or the Zune software. If they do not fix this before the iPhone 6 is released, then I will probably switch to the iphone. I love my Lumia 1520. However, I must be able to manage my music. Xbox Music is a joke!!

Warren_S

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Stacey, The terrible Xbox Music player on my Lumia 521 was the straw that broke the camels back. So a few days ago I bought a Moto G and left T-Mobile. And yup, the Android music player works. I miss the windows phone already, I'll just wait a while before considering going back.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
In 8.1, Xbox Music, creating a playlist using the phone is finally here, easy to use. You can also remove a song from a playlist.
Go the playlist, tap the playlist name and you get a song list, tap and hold on the one you want to remove, pop up menu, remove.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro