Fixing the Xbox Music UI

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
looooooooooooving redesign 1!
big fan oof side options, not up... i prefer 1 button far away than every button far away hahaha

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, I have to agree on the hidden slide menus - un-metro and pretty annoying as you always have to pull a menu, it doesn't feel solid. I really like how the old hub/ the concept of the new xbox music app. Danny, yours is pretty close to that, a little more rich, and that's ok. I like your concept, especially the first image with the recent as album covers. I'd remove the capitals with "artists" etc. Furthermore, I like the idea of having an artist page with all the album covers of the artist as well. Nicely put!

Offtopic, is it me or does the dude from Owl City look like Messi?

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
For the first post, most of those look very iOS and Android. The fourth post could use a little bit of tweaking with the artist background, could be darker as it's hard to read texts, otherwise it's a nice panoramic concept. For the eighth post, despite that zune is a dead name, it'd be really nice to have this as an alternative media player, really nice how the collection and recent reflects the zune hd interface.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
OP - Do you work for Xbox Music?

I'm gonna have to say redesign 1 looks sleek. I also like that it more closely resembles the Windows 8.1 music player on the desktop. Widescreen support and the ability to edit album art and artist images would be great within the app.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
OP - Do you work for Xbox Music?

I'm gonna have to say redesign 1 looks sleek. I also like that it more closely resembles the Windows 8.1 music player on the desktop. Widescreen support and the ability to edit album art and artist images would be great within the app.
Haha I wish. I'd be smacking heads all day. Just concepts I found on the net. The very first posts are from the Windows Phone websites (UK and US)

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, I have to agree on the hidden slide menus - un-metro and pretty annoying as you always have to pull a menu, it doesn't feel solid. I really like how the old hub/ the concept of the new xbox music app. Danny, yours is pretty close to that, a little more rich, and that's ok. I like your concept, especially the first image with the recent as album covers. I'd remove the capitals with "artists" etc. Furthermore, I like the idea of having an artist page with all the album covers of the artist as well. Nicely put!

Offtopic, is it me or does the dude from Owl City look like Messi?

It's been a hit comment on YouTube!!! Go home messi you're singing

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
At first I thought the zune concept was a photoshop, but now that he's mentioned that it's an app, looking back at the photos suddenly it looked legit judging by the timing of the songs and how the recent pane actually keeps track of previously played songs. I would also like a copy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12