Fixing the Xbox Music UI

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
If it is, could he share XD. Besides, I don't really think Xbox music is a mess. On the computer and web.l, it's decent. I do think that Microsoft is killing the Xbox Music brand with this app though. That's 1.5 million(total no of people on 8.1 at last count) people now who are gonna have mixed feelings about Xbox anything. Oh and the video app is decent tbh.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate you guys like my work, but it is nothing special really. Unfortunately I can't release the app for obvious reasons, one being the app is heavily based off copyrighted materials, so I'm using this for myself. Like the others guessed, I have started developing this app since the release of xbox music before 8.1 came out, likely because I have had quite a sluggish experience with it. It's still in development but it already does play my music so I'm kinda slacking off, although genres and playlists still doesn't work so I couldn't get screenshots of them. Artist images look different rather because I configure them manually, somehow I cannot get the feed to work and displays blank instead so I didn't bother with it. There's still a lot to fix and to add, and takes an awful lot of time for me to develop since I ain't no Rudy Huyn.

Here are a couple more screenshots.

Here's what the player looks like when it's not playing anything, it displays the last played song instead.
stop.png

Artist pane
artists.png

Albums pane
albums.png

Songs pane
songs.png

Artist view
artistalbum.png
artistsong.png

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
...You need to get with Rudy Huyn and finish this. I bet you two could finish it before Microsoft even figures out how to add a stop button.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
i appreciate you guys like my work, but it is nothing special really. Unfortunately i can't release the app for obvious reasons, one being the app is heavily based off copyrighted materials, so i'm using this for myself. Like the others guessed, i have started developing this app since the release of xbox music before 8.1 came out, likely because i have had quite a sluggish experience with it. It's still in development but it already does play my music so i'm kinda slacking off, although genres and playlists still doesn't work so i couldn't get screenshots of them. Artist images look different rather because i configure them manually, somehow i cannot get the feed to work and displays blank instead so i didn't bother with it. There's still a lot to fix and to add, and takes an awful lot of time for me to develop since i ain't no rudy huyn.

Here are a couple more screenshots.

Here's what the player looks like when it's not playing anything, it displays the last played song instead.
View attachment 65545

artist pane
View attachment 65546

albums pane
View attachment 65549

songs pane
View attachment 65550

artist view
View attachment 65547
View attachment 65548

​i want this

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I love it!!!!!!! well it looks similar to the Xbox Music app but the main ui and how it's pink and orange and very zune-y is what really gives it away. I also like how there's the pink visualizer at the bottom as well. But like you said its really copyright-heavy, I'd take down the images, there could be a chance of you getting a cease and desist letter from Microsoft.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I love it!!!!!!! well it looks similar to the Xbox Music app but the main ui and how it's pink and orange and very zune-y is what really gives it away. I also like how there's the pink visualizer at the bottom as well. But like you said its really copyright-heavy, I'd take down the images, there could be a chance of you getting a cease and desist letter from Microsoft.

They would have no claim on a mock-up.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I mean you can share the app with the internet for people to sideloard if they want, you just can't put it in the store.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I mean you can share the app with the internet for people to sideloard if they want, you just can't put it in the store.

I thought it's illegal to distribute copyright content you don't have the rights to. Obviously the app he made is using zune aesthetics, not to mention also the name.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750