Comparing native music players: Windows vs. Android

Warren_S

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to throw some thoughts out after switching back to an Android phone. I was having connectivity problems with my Windows Phone regarding my much needed iHeart Radio and TuneIn Radio Apps, and was also totally, as in, throw the phone in a pond, frustrated with the Windows Phone native music player. Can't sync, too many duplicates, playlist not working at all, so I went back to an Android phone with KitKat. Anyway everything works properly on Android, but after a while I started to notice how much more difficult it was to navigate around the native Android music player. Sure it's nice, but too complex. I'm yelling at the screen...why is this there, why do I need a "Get Lucky" playlist, and what the h*ll is this tiny menu option I can barely read. And I know it "looks cool", but it actually complicates things when Android has "Album Art" in every single menu...do they not get how hard it is to quickly sort through a bazillion pictures in every menu?

So the verdict is, the native Windows Music player is so much easier to navigate through. You can quickly (and with one hand... very importantly), move between Artists, Albums, Songs and Playlists and find exactly what you are looking for so much faster an more easily "with one hand". I repeat, finding what you want in the Windows Music player is so much faster and better...if it only worked...ugh. Anyway, I really love the Windows simple and effective interface. I'm hoping they get it working as far as playists, duplicates, "syncing" and getting the radio apps to stay connected. Then I'll be back.

Sorry, but I'm just venting a bit a frustration on how I wish the music player was working properly.

Last edited:

Vitor Ferreira

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It Works fine for me. I didn?t have this problem yet. Try another app from store (play store, wp store) that suit you.

I recommend use Nokia MixRadio for radio.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yea I thought so. I mean, a lot of people are always under the "the grass is greener on the other side" because of the WP is inferior mindset.
sure that doesn't mean that the WP music app isn't crap compared to the standard, apple iPod music players (and music app), but it isn't that bad.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
The native music player in Windows Phone is OK, but I don't like the fact there's no equalizer settings.
Playlists are difficult, too.

I just started using VLC on my PC, I hope an app for the phone arrives someday.

netko

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Music player is horrid. Lumia 920 is my first smartphone and I was amazed by its simplicity and lack of useless stuff Android has. BUT then I got to music player and words can not describe my disappointment.
I have always owned Nokia phones and, this being smartphone and all, I at least expected same features my N95 (or at least my N90 which is 10 years old) had. Music player has close to 0 options. I complained before but they just told me xbox music is good, though, from forum, they are just making it worse and worse. It's ridiculous it's available in only 22 countries.
I was seriously thinking of buying Android just so I can listen to my freaking music like I could 10 years ago. Even after 9 months it amazes me how a 450$ phone can have music player THIS crappy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)