what do you guys prefer?

Bernard Ofori

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I would make a thread over this. What do you guys prefer Microsoft use for its windows phones? Xbox music or Zune. Which one do you think is better?

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
ZUNE is the clear winner. We want the ZUNE PC desktop features, (all of the current features, including the ones MS have removed), the name could be Xbox Music or something else. OneMusic? Or even better, combine all the ZUNE spin off apps to be OneMedia Player.

Last edited:

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Zune Client. I am as mad as Hitler in those videos over XBOX Music. I mean now. in 8.1, it is like downloaded music doesn't matter. If I delete downloaded music, it says it will want to delete it from my cloud collection too. Why??? Why??? I just want it off my phone but still in the cloud collection.

Shuffling playlist songs is horrid...I am just frustrated with the entire music experience.

anon(8730639)

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Zune was hands down the best music player I've ever used. The devices themselves were far better built and looked much nicer than competing iPods and the Zune software also looked much better and just felt much better than iTunes ever did. Xbox Music has some pluses (like the name is far more recognizable and it is available on more devices), but isn't anywhere close to as well designed as Zune was. The best way to fix Xbox Music is to create a desktop/Modern program for wireless syncing and stuff, keep the Xbox Music pass (MS really needs to combine all of these passes. Xbox Live was always overpriced and now that Playstation Plus offers more than it, Xbox Live is made that much worse. If MS could combine Xbox Music, Xbox Live, OneDrive, Skype, etc. into one Premium pass thing, that would be great) and unlimited streaming, and add a music locker feature like Google Play Music (where you can store a a few thousand songs in the cloud for free and purchased songs take up no space, to encourage purchasing music) for web use and use on multiple devices.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Zune...

Everything about Zune is way better than what MS has now....

Hell, even Zune's promotional ad's (go look on YouTube) are better than anything MS has done in the last several years....

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Zune was hands down the best music player I've ever used. The devices themselves were far better built and looked much nicer than competing iPods and the Zune software also looked much better and just felt much better than iTunes ever did. Xbox Music has some pluses (like the name is far more recognizable and it is available on more devices), but isn't anywhere close to as well designed as Zune was. The best way to fix Xbox Music is to create a desktop/Modern program for wireless syncing and stuff, keep the Xbox Music pass (MS really needs to combine all of these passes. Xbox Live was always overpriced and now that Playstation Plus offers more than it, Xbox Live is made that much worse. If MS could combine Xbox Music, Xbox Live, OneDrive, Skype, etc. into one Premium pass thing, that would be great) and unlimited streaming, and add a music locker feature like Google Play Music (where you can store a a few thousand songs in the cloud for free and purchased songs take up no space, to encourage purchasing music) for web use and use on multiple devices.

THIS!!! I would be a customer for life...

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Zune clearly takes it but xbox music isn't as bad as it once was, people just like to overreact.

BS.

People have every right to be maddernhell about it. It's a steaming pile of cow dung🐮
...all of it and so is the video aspect of this.

Zune.

Look,its time the fired the idiots in charge of this wet dream and get back to doing things they way they should have been in the first place.

I dont want to jump through hoops to listen to my tunes or have zero control when watching my movies.

Had I known it was really as bad as it is with no reasonable expectation of them getting it fixed right,I wouldn't have switched to a WP and may leave it real soon.

Mac

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I like them both: Among other features, I like Zune to manage my Collection, and I like the touch and pin features of XBM.

But, I mostly prefer to listen to my vast collection of downloaded and ripped albums. :wink:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
BS.

People have every right to be maddernhell about it. It's a steaming pile of cow dung��
...all of it and so is the video aspect of this.

Zune.

Look,its time the fired the idiots in charge of this wet dream and get back to doing things they way they should have been in the first place.

I dont want to jump through hoops to listen to my tunes or have zero control when watching my movies.

Had I known it was really as bad as it is with no reasonable expectation of them getting it fixed right,I wouldn't have switched to a WP and may leave it real soon.

Mac

So my opinion is BS is it?

You just proved my point about people overreacting, the Music and Video apps are separate so they can improve them without an OS update. Music is still the same "beta" version we had on WP8, its had a single update on WP8.1 since release and Microsoft have committed themselves to bi-weekly updates. Video isn't that bad, it plays your videos as well as allowing you to buy them so what more do you want!!!

I swear people have zero patience these days, it's all "I want this, I want it working perfectly from day one and I want it now".

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got onboard the Windows Phone/MS train late, so I haven't experienced Zune, neither in the HD or Windows Phone 7.

Kinda sad, considering so many say it was so much better. I guess not knowing better is a good thing since I'm relatively content with Music. (stuck with the old one though)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
So my opinion is BS is it?

You just proved my point about people overreacting, the Music and Video apps are separate so they can improve them without an OS update. Music is still the same "beta" version we had on WP8, its had a single update on WP8.1 since release and Microsoft have committed themselves to bi-weekly updates. Video isn't that bad, it plays your videos as well as allowing you to buy them so what more do you want!!!

I swear people have zero patience these days, it's all "I want this, I want it working perfectly from day one and I want it now".

Yes actually it is

They could have just as easily continued Zune as a app with all the features it has. Instead they chose to fix what wasn't broken and start killing it off just to start all over again with a format that is plagued with issues.

They don't understand that many folks aren't counsel driven,nor ever will be.

They had a great thing in Zune,Xbox music isn't.

And you damn right,for what I paid for this device,I think I am more than entitled to have it right friggin now.

Mac

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes actually it is

They could have just as easily continued Zune as a app with all the features it has. Instead they chose to fix what wasn't broken and start killing it off just to start all over again with a format that is plagued with issues.

They don't understand that many folks aren't counsel driven,nor ever will be.

They had a great thing in Zune,Xbox music isn't.

And you damn right,for what I paid for this device,I think I am more than entitled to have it right friggin now.

Mac

Ah right, so if my opinion isn't the same as your opinion then it's BS?

If you actually read my post instead of just skimming it and then posting the you would see "Music is still the same "beta" version we had on WP8, its had a single update on WP8.1 since release and Microsoft have committed themselves to bi-weekly updates." You do know what that means, don't you?

If you have WP8 then why the hell did you install Xbox Music when you have the Music+Video Hub instead. If you have the WP8.1 developer preview then YOU chose to install it, Microsoft didn't force the DP on you.

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
No...you see your opinion is that people don't have a right to complain about this cluster puck,and that is the reason your opinion is BS.

Microsoft has had years to make this right and they haven't.

Yes,it's swell they are updating their POS music player,and they should,but when paying full price for a phone,I have every right to complain that no music player works properly either on 8.0 or 8.1.

So to me your opinion is total garbage just like the music players Microsoft is offering.

I don't want a game console on my phone,I want a music player that can see what music I have loaded,sync it to the cloud properly for back up,and not screw up the songs,titles,or album art,then duplicate entries. I don't think that is too damn much to ask for.

Why is it that when folks that have legitimate complaints speak out about something,people like you want to silence us?
BTW, the music and movie player never worked properly on 8.0,and just because you think they do is meaningless to me. They have had more than enough time to fix their screw up with this issue.

I want this to work properly, on WP, not Android or IOS and I know for a fact I am not alone in my feelings.

Mac

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Zune is the absolute winner!
Microsoft is making separate apps so they can update them without OS update? So, they already know they won't do it right. IT'S A MUSIC APP!!! It is supposed to be playing music, nothing more! Zune was just perfect, it didn't mess up my album arts, it didn't have any issues playing music, it was fast and reliable. Now, xbox music is just the opposite of all that.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Zune is the absolute winner!

Microsoft is making separate apps so they can update them without OS update? So, they already know they won't do it right. IT'S A MUSIC APP!!! It is supposed to be playing music, nothing more! Zune was just perfect, it didn't mess up my album arts, it didn't have any issues playing music, it was fast and reliable. Now, xbox music is just the opposite of all that.

Precisely my feelings too.......

From what I can see is Microsoft doesn't want us to use anything but their own xbox music player. They want to have everything cloud based and fee subscription streaming based. They got to understand folks will leave them if they keep this crap up, regardless of how good WP is.

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12