Really weird glitch in the Xbox music app(WP 8.1)

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
So today I was outside cutting the lawn and listening to my music with my headphones. Since the lawnmower is so loud and my headphones aren't that good I had the music turned up to the max(30/30). So I was just minding my business and the music suddenly stopped. I figured a call was coming in so I looked at my phone. But, it wasn't a call it was one of those headphone warning ⚠ messages that turn your music down to like 13/30 and show a message. This was the first time I got one of these while using WP 8.1 and I thought they removed this [stupid] feature. Not only did it turn down my music but it changed the song I was listening to. All of sudden it was loading some song named either Trouble _____( I only remember trouble in the name) or ______ Trouble, idk. But, I don't have that song in my playlist so it started streaming the free 30 seconds of the song and it really confused me. I was listening to Love Game by Eminem(Ft. Kendrick Lamar) :winktongue: And then it changed to done song about trouble, did they possibly do this on purpose? I think it was just a glitch and unfortunately I didn't get a picture because I was cutting the lawn I changed it back then went back to cutting. And the chances of me b getting it again are low since I was listening two hours before it happened. Had this happened to anyone else?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep, they still drop the audio occasionally when it's set to high. It was just a one time warning, but not anymore. I think it's a CYA thing for Microsoft and the possible litigation costs if someone complains they lost their hearing because they set the volume to high.

I run across this when I'm in my car all the time. I plug the phone in via AUX in on my head unit in my car. Set the phone to max volume, and then control the actual volume with the head unit. I've gotten used to it so that when I'm stopped at a light I just crank the phone volume back up to max without thinking about it.

As for the short songs. Stupid Xbox Music and their streaming options. Since you don't have a Gold account, they still do the music match on what songs you have, and try to match them with what they have in the cloud. The current version of Xbox Music in WP8.1 defaults to the cloud version of the song, but since you don't have a Gold account, you get 20-30 seconds worth of the song. DUMB.

Go in the Xbox music settings, turn OFF "Show streaming music in my collection". Back out of the Xbox Music App and reboot the phone. Just turning it off won't work, you have to reboot to get rid of streaming music (another "feature" of the current Xbox Music app, i.e. bug).

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
But I had show streaming music off and I had never seen that sorry song shown in my life. It forced the song to play after showing the warning message. I never clicked on that song the phone was locked in my pocket do I did nothing to that song at all.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed similar things. So weird. Copied from another thread:

I have come across a weird shuffle play bug twice now: when shuffling music on BT in the car, songs will start playing say twenty seconds in, play for awhile, and then restart at the actual beginning of the song. Crazy! Has anyone here experienced this? I swear I'm not making this up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro