03-01-2015 10:43 PM
68 123
tools
    Yeah, I tried the "Add to..." feature recently, and it no longer works for me. As for the Live Tile, it never worked for my local music (even if it was matched with Xbox Music catalogue), it only works if you're streaming from Xbox Music. And honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do! :|
    01-05-2015 02:38 AM
    Yeah, I tried the "Add to..." feature recently, and it no longer works for me. As for the Live Tile, it never worked for my local music (even if it was matched with Xbox Music catalogue), it only works if you're streaming from Xbox Music. And honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do! :|
    I'm switching to Zbox once it offers album sorting by album artist (instead of just artist).

I've actually updated all my music in ID3 (rather than WMP's own standard) over the holiday.

Not a great solution, but yeah..
    01-05-2015 05:49 PM
    Doublepost warning.

Alinauman, you may want to try this out if you haven't already. Try using an ID3 tag editor (TagScanner or even just the Windows interface) to set an artist as it appears in the store. I did this with all my Weird Al Yankovic songs as an experiment, and found it worked remarkably well--in this case, perfectly, linking all my music to the artist page on the music store.

It's not flawless (Danny Elfman is still strangely absent), but I was using TagScanner to organize all my music anyway. WMP just syncs based on the information you add, but editing the actual tags and using the Windows Phone app to sync produces a very different result.

(And it's better than buying a song and hoping for the best.)
    01-08-2015 01:18 PM
    Surprisingly, today, as I was trying to add a Ellie Goulding song to my collection to get the artist background, it didn't work. Then I just enabled the "Connect to streaming music" setting and then tried to add that album to my collection. I now have her background!
    Last edited by alinauman97; 01-10-2015 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Grammar violation detected
    01-10-2015 05:37 AM
    Surprisingly, today, as I was trying to add a Ellie Goulding song to my collection to get the artist background, it didn't work. Then I just enabled the "Connect to streaming music" setting and then tried to add that album to my collection. I now have her background!
    Yeah, that seems like a pretty mandatory prerequisite--mine has always been on (as I do own a handful of songs purchased from Microsoft) when I was trying to fix the various bugs and issues.

ID3 tag editing seems to be the way to go. Until Zbox starts sorting albums by album artist anyway.
    01-14-2015 12:17 PM
    Hey..man I can't see background images..i did every step perfectly but still background image of artists is not showing! Can anyone help me..(I have latest version of Xbox music)
    02-01-2015 01:00 PM
    Guys, in case you didn't know. The best way to get real metadata for Xbox music app is to use Zune on your PC. Update your music collection through Zune and transfer it to your phone and artist pictures will be there. Zune and Xbox music are using similar (if not the same) metadata, so its the best way to get your album covers and artist backgrounds.

P.S. Sometimes you'll have to use MP3 tag editor to stick album covers cuz they just won't to appear on phone.
    02-01-2015 01:19 PM
    I'd already used tag editor and CoFeed..but nothing happened! Previously all I have to Do is add any song to collection and boom artist image automatically start to showing...but now this trick isn't working after all! Another thing is that I did notice some artist picture in live tile(The Script) other artists is not showing in live tile.
    02-02-2015 03:00 AM
    Guys, in case you didn't know. The best way to get real metadata for Xbox music app is to use Zune on your PC. Update your music collection through Zune and transfer it to your phone and artist pictures will be there. Zune and Xbox music are using similar (if not the same) metadata, so its the best way to get your album covers and artist backgrounds.

P.S. Sometimes you'll have to use MP3 tag editor to stick album covers cuz they just won't to appear on phone.
    Interesting--I was using ID3 Tag, and that did a much better job of it than Windows Media Player, but I may install Zune on my Windows 8 PC (I still have a ZuneHD sitting around). I've got a few famous artist who are still missing tile art (but they have information/bios/etc.) when I play their songs. I doubt Zune will show anything that ID3Tagging software didn't though...
    02-02-2015 09:05 AM
    How do you get the Xbox Music app? All I have is the Music app, not the Xbox one?

Please help?! :(
    02-06-2015 01:29 AM
    How do you get the Xbox Music app? All I have is the Music app, not the Xbox one?

Please help?! :(
    The music app is xbox music
    02-07-2015 11:15 PM
    The music app is xbox music
    Not to me sadly. All I see is Music in the title/header, not Xbox Music. Neither do I have the store. All I see is my own local music.
    02-09-2015 06:42 AM
    Not to me sadly. All I see is Music in the title/header, not Xbox Music. Neither do I have the store. All I see is my own local music.
    Set your phone's location to a country where Xbox Music is available. Also do the same to your Xbox Live account. I've set both of mine to the US.
    02-09-2015 08:42 AM
    Ugh, Lumia Icon updated to 8.1 denim and of course the biggest headache is my media. Podcasts disappear and the native podcast app crashes upon opening.

With 8.0 I used MPAtool to add album art and artist backgrounds and it worked great, showed artist background on the live tile and lockscreen when playing.

Any US user getting live tile/lockscreen artist backgrounds from their music without paying a monthly subscription to play their music?
    02-12-2015 08:16 AM
    Ugh, Lumia Icon updated to 8.1 denim and of course the biggest headache is my media. Podcasts disappear and the native podcast app crashes upon opening.

With 8.0 I used MPAtool to add album art and artist backgrounds and it worked great, showed artist background on the live tile and lockscreen when playing.

Any US user getting live tile/lockscreen artist backgrounds from their music without paying a monthly subscription to play their music?
    Yes, Xbox music does this already for free, so as long as the music is playing. If you stop the music or pause, it will go away. Also try using this tool for 8.1 Tag Editor.

Check out "Tag Editor" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...4-962c747af2cb
    02-12-2015 08:25 AM

Not unless the music is streaming. And no, I don't have the Xbox Music Pass.
    02-24-2015 09:45 AM
    This thread shows how we can all get artist backgrounds: http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread/343673.htm
    03-01-2015 01:45 AM
    Take a look at this
    forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-music/343683-way-add-xbox-music-artist-background-image-lock-screen-artist-image-any-region.html
    alinauman97 likes this.
    03-01-2015 10:43 PM
68 123