Discovered how to make Xbox Music (WP8.1) show artist images/bio/album arts!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
This is insane! Isnt the app itself supposed to search for the artist infos automatically? And there should be an option to turn that on/off. Who has the time to search for 100 artists out there manually only for a background!!!
Deal with it! Or tell Microsoft here: Xboxmusic.UserVoice.com

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
This is insane! Isnt the app itself supposed to search for the artist infos automatically? And there should be an option to turn that on/off. Who has the time to search for 100 artists out there manually only for a background!!!

It does that but worked only for like 3 artists on my phone.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
You can get artist background in the music so in Windows phone 8.1. Search for an artist in the store, hold your finger on one of their songs, select add to then select collection. Check the artist in your local collection and you will realize that they have backgrounds now. Repeat that for every artist you have on your phone then almost every artist has a background in your phone!
Thank you, this is a great work around as long as you can find the same artist or songs but what else can we do till this gets fixed.

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I think they took away this function. Holding down on a song only gets you 'buy' 'creation radio station' and 'pin to start'.

Yeah, they did. However, there is a workaround. If you have a Windows 8.1 device, open up and login to the Xbox Music app. Add the same music on your PC that you have on your Phone. Then match your music with the Xbox Music catalogue. Then enable these two settings; they will add the music to your streaming collection and it will show up on your phone as well.Screenshot (9).png

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, they did. However, there is a workaround. If you have a Windows 8.1 device, open up and login to the Xbox Music app. Add the same music on your PC that you have on your Phone. Then match your music with the Xbox Music catalogue. Then enable these two settings; they will add the music to your streaming collection and it will show up on your phone as well.View attachment 81509

Ah, okay--that's a complicated task for me, since I sync my music from a PC with Windows 7 (by way of WMP--I'm not sure if that's a liability or a blessing). Do you mind if I ask a few questions before I attempt this?

Namely, I don't want to have useless "streamed music" duplicates in my music list just to add artist data to a few songs. Wouldn't doing this mean I'll have duplicates of all of my music? Or would the artist data only be available for the songs streamed?

(Yeah, these never gets less complicated.)

Yaw Agyei

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, they did. However, there is a workaround. If you have a Windows 8.1 device, open up and login to the Xbox Music app. Add the same music on your PC that you have on your Phone. Then match your music with the Xbox Music catalogue. Then enable these two settings; they will add the music to your streaming collection and it will show up on your phone as well.View attachment 81509

Your method worked for the only problem is background images of most artists in my local collection don't display... Only album art does

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3