01-25-2015 12:42 AM
448 ... 161718
tools
    Seems they have given up.
    11-26-2014 08:28 AM
    Seems they have given up.
    I really doubt it. Not sure where the app is developed but if its in America odds are the team is on vacation right now. They actually took the app and did tons of updates and actually made it usable. Calm down and just enjoyed what you have for now.
    11-28-2014 03:23 AM
    Today's the day, right? RIGHT?! it must be... please.

PS: is it holiday today too in the states??

Edit: opps... i misread the date on kevC4D post, seems (faster) todays is no-work day... F.ourLife
    11-28-2014 03:33 AM
    I really doubt it. Not sure where the app is developed but if its in America odds are the team is on vacation right now. They actually took the app and did tons of updates and actually made it usable. Calm down and just enjoyed what you have for now.
    Enjoy the constant crashing, missing album artwork, incorrect reading of ID3 tags, and overall slow performance? No thanks. There are still many of us that have legitimate issues with the Xbox Music app. I'm even able to reproduce my issues on at least 3 different devices.
    F3rzz and Kevin Rush like this.
    11-28-2014 09:28 AM
    You really can't enjoy something unusable. You might not have problems but a lot of us still think the app is useless.

It doesn't refresh music, it doesn't read my play list, it crashes and it's slow af. While the music hub tile works great, I am still baffled as to how Xbox Music downgraded instead of having an upgrade.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App for Android!
    F3rzz and Kevin Rush like this.
    11-29-2014 07:25 AM
    They better update with something big on Tuesday or before...
    11-29-2014 08:48 AM
    of course they have. why expend time and energy fixing the broken xbox music in 8.1 when windows 10 is right around the corner?

thing is, we all know that xbox music (or whatever they decide to re-brand it) will be even worse in W10, because it has gotten progressively worse from WP7 to WP8 to WP8.1.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    11-29-2014 09:03 AM
    I use MediaMonkey to tag my music properly, and to ensure it removes any file editing restrictions. Once I am done with MediaMonkey, I use Windows Media Player to smooth any rough edges MediaMonkey couldn't, make playlist, sync it all onto my Lumia 925, and everything is tagged/synced without any issues.
    11-29-2014 09:06 AM
    I use MediaMonkey to tag my music properly, and to ensure it removes any file editing restrictions. Once I am done with MediaMonkey, I use Windows Media Player to smooth any rough edges MediaMonkey couldn't, make playlist, sync it all onto my Lumia 925, and everything is tagged/synced without any issues.
    Thank you for explaining how you process your music. Wow, that is alot of work. How much of your time does it take? Do you enjoy it, as a hobby?
    F3rzz and kamikaze80 like this.
    11-29-2014 10:36 AM
    Thank you for explaining how you process your music. Wow, that is alot of work. How much of your time does it take? Do you enjoy it, as a hobby?
    It actually isn't alot of work, sounds like it is, but it's not. The time it takes to tag any new music I get is minimal. I actually enjoy photography as a hobby. I like being helpful, sharing amongst others who share as well.
    11-29-2014 02:28 PM
    Is been a month...
    01-03-2015 02:38 AM
    They've moved on to dev stuff for Win10...
    01-03-2015 03:52 AM
    They've moved on to dev stuff for Win10...

Hope,Windows Phone 10 can give us a big surprise, not a disappointment.
    01-03-2015 05:39 AM
    Hope,Windows Phone 10 can give us a big surprise, not a disappointment.
    I hope so too.
    01-03-2015 05:45 AM
    They should be working on both on parallel tbqfh
    01-03-2015 07:14 PM
    I actually don't have much intention to update my WP8 to the next ecosystem (a Lumia 830), even if it is an option, which it may or may not be. It's really impossible to say when Xbox Music's successor is going to be implemented, much less when those of us with WP8 will get that update (if at all). Then, it's impossible to say if it'll be an improvement or not--I don't think we're going to get the functionality that we lost between WP7, WP8 and WP8.1 because no phone player has that functionality anymore (Google Play and iTunes certainly don't), and most consumers don't care about it.

That might not be a bad thing. WP8.1, if you'll remember, caused music "cracking" with any phone that originally had WP8 on it, something that's not to be fixed apparently. WP10's music player might introduce great features, or it might make things even worse. Very difficult to tell.

Right now, I use TagScanner (or just Window 7's own file explorer) to correct sort my music (I use to do this in Windows Media Player, but that doesn't rely on ID3, like most first-party music library software, iTunes, etc.) and the Windows Phone application to sync it (a little less clumsy). Personally, I just want artist cataloging and internet integration to reach WP7/8 levels, so I really don't care about the addition of new features (though I don't blame anyone who wants those added--applications should improve over time). The penalties of not updating when all the phone ecosystems are moving more and more towards yearly replacement of smartphones aren't that bad--they're mostly about not enjoying new features (like Cortana) rather than losing existing ones, fortunately (on the contrary, updating seems more likely to do that--removing chat integration at the request of Facebook, for example).

Music management seems to be about settling. iTunes still runs like crap on Windows operating systems (you know, that ecosystem 80 to 90% of computers connected to the internet use) 10 years later, but we've all gotten used to it more or less (or we just relied on alternatives). After the initial bare minimum of improvements, there's absolutely no interest in making it better as far as I can tell--the answer to the question, "How can iTunes be improved?" is "Buy an Mac and dual-boot." This is all just my theory on the matter though, and I don't have enough experience with Google Play to say the same.

EDIT: Though sure, say Xbox Music 3.0 is as amazing as some of the projected players we've seen here at Windows Central. I'll definitely take advantage of an update pathway if there is one! Otherwise, I'm good. I used my Dell Venue Pro for 4 years just fine.
    01-04-2015 03:27 PM
    Will Xbox music app be getting any further updates??
    01-06-2015 08:35 PM
    One of the MS folks said that the pace of updates was slowing as they're putting more resource into Windows 10 version. It may well have slowed to a stop.
    Shame, as the app is still more or less unusable.
    01-06-2015 08:37 PM
    I used to be one of the "faithful" but I've pretty much lost hope.The next time my XBox music pass comes up for renewal I'll probably switch platforms (and maybe have the opportunity for a family subscription??? HINT HINT!).
    And if I switch away from music I'll probably look at getting a different(non Windows) phone, cancel my One Drive subscription, reconsider my Office subscription. And if I switch my wife will follow along, as well as other family members.
    I love my 1020 but I'm already at the point where I can't in good conscience recommend any Windows phone to someone if they use their phone to listen to music. I've gone back to my trusty Zune HD for music and podcasts when I'm out running or driving.

It's unfathomable to me how they've managed to mess up what used to be a very good music system.
    Kanga81 likes this.
    01-07-2015 10:09 AM
    So MS expect us to keep paying for something that is broken
    While they work on something else and hope that we will pay for that something else??

I am trying to rebuild my music library but I can't even download songs now
    01-11-2015 04:10 AM
    I can't with this mess... Lets hope there's an Xbox music surprise on the 21st!
    01-11-2015 09:23 PM
    No details on Xbox music app.
    01-25-2015 12:28 AM
    Whatever Xbox Music app comes to Windows 10 PC is also we'll receive for our phones
    01-25-2015 12:42 AM
448 ... 161718