Waiting for WP Xbox Music App update!!

kbilly70

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, my playlists are still limited to 100 songs after the update. Also, the playlists never truly shuffle, just play through the first 100 songs added to the playlist. I have rebooted my phone a number of times after the update, and even removed one playlist and added it back and still the same thing.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this as well (despite the Xbox Music team saying it's fixed with the latest update). I have found a couple tricks though to actually get it to shuffle through all the songs in the playlist. I have a playlist with about 380 songs. Noticed it wasn't shuffling through all of them so first I went into the playlist and actually scrolled through the whole thing. I noticed that some songs were greyed out and had an "I" with a circle around it. Tapping on it did nothing for me. Closed the playlist and Xbox Music. Went back into Xbox Music and let it do its "searching for music thing". Then went back into the playlist and scrolled through it. All the songs appeared properly, no more greyed out songs. Played the playlist and it was shuffling through all my songs. Ok, so problem fixed right? Kind of. Next day went back into Xbox Music and shuffled the playlist, and again noticed it was only shuffling the first 100 songs again. Turned off shuffle, then turned it back on, and now it seems to shuffle properly again.

tl:dr
​It's kinda working, but obviously there's still some bugs present.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell, my playlists are still limited to 100 songs after the update. Also, the playlists never truly shuffle, just play through the first 100 songs added to the playlist. I have rebooted my phone a number of times after the update, and even removed one playlist and added it back and still the same thing.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Well I don't know for playlists but in the Now Playing you can indeed put more than 100 songs. For instance, if I shuffle all the songs from one artist, it works.

But the shuffle is indeed broken. I have to press shuffle a couple of times to really shuffle the songs.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
No nothing yet

WPCentral just announced it on the news. Some changes to the music app. Not much to the video app.

Last edited:

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
12mb for Music and 10Mb for Video. But not yet find any new changes in Music APP :D

After updating Video app i am able play SD card videos now.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It's so screwed up that I'm starting to wonder if it's not like that on purpose...

Ben from Microsoft should do a comparison video with Xbox Music...

"Sure your music player is great but but can your iPhone do this? Look at this! I open up Xbox Music, now we wait a little while for it to load. Alright now that it's loaded, as you can see it's searching for music so we'll just wait a couple of seconds more. Alright it's done. So, I open up my Artists and I get a list of all the artists I have in my music. OK wait for it, I know no artist names are showing now but with each update, they show up faster. Now we'll scroll down the list. And as you can see, most artist names are not showing so you have to wait for them to appear. Nice and mellow right?

But that's not all, check this out! Open the Albums section and look at this! As you can see, most albums have a grey album art! Nice huh?

Now let's head into the Songs section. As you can see here, there's a song called 'Waltz of the Flowers from The Nutcracker' by Tchaikovsky. But in fact, this is 'The Long and Winding Road' from The Beatles! Xbox Music just ignores your ID3 Tags to put its own! Pretty sweet huh?"

Last edited:

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I can't believe that after four updates they still haven't fixed the slowness of this thing. I would actually be pretty happy with XBM, if I could only scroll through the artists without having to wait 15-30 seconds for it to load a small subset of the artists. How that isn't their #1 priority escapes me. It's clearly possible, other apps do it. </rant>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb