Waiting for WP Xbox Music App update!!

Anshuman Bhadauria

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
The update seemed to be useless, there was no change log. They are not moving ahead of bug fixes. May be the last update had shown some improvement in 1GB devices but no change in 512 Mb ones. Even the developers are showing a lot more potential by making apps like Onemusic. I'm not a developer but is it that tough for a giant like Microsoft to build a descent music app for their mobile platform. People are suggesting quite good things on the suggestions page but the implementation is too slow. Lets say if it will take time but at least they should comment something regarding the Music app. We are not that desperate for BBM or some other fancy app but first please fix the basic ones. Sometimes I think that may be I did a mistake by installing developer preview. That time I had no idea that it gonna be this bad. Other improvements are good but this app is ruining everything. :-(

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
What part of "bi-weekly" am I misunderstanding? Especially to something so many of us are being so vocal with our outrage about. It has been a consistent pattern with the WP design team to continue rushing blindly towards the next big thing without adequately addressing issues still present. Those of us running this 8.1 preview are the "Early Enthusiasts" looked to as the support they wanted to build a solid customer base from. If we are so unhappy can you imagine the average Joe when he buys a new phone and try's to use this awful music app?????

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's reached the point where if listen to music for over an hour (ie. in the gym), it begins to lag and from that point I have about a 50/50 chance of the app even opening when I press the tile. I had to do weights listening to the cheesy background music at my gym last week because XBM crapped out after I finished my cardio.

I almost forgot how bad pop music is.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
it wasn't last week ...they were behind from the Fri 2 weeks back and release the following Monday. Is it asking too much for them to get back on schedule with fixing this mess????????????

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
it wasn't last week ...they were behind from the Fri 2 weeks back and release the following Monday. Is it asking too much for them to get back on schedule with fixing this mess????????????

No no you're mixing two updates. They released one on the Tuesday the 10th (4 days late) and one a week later on the 18th (3 days early).

So the next update should be, at the earliest, next Tuesday or next Friday at the latest.

https://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/53766-announcements

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb