Waiting for WP Xbox Music App update!!

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
What part of "bi-weekly" am I misunderstanding? Especially to something so many of us are being so vocal with our outrage about. It has been a consistent pattern with the WP design team to continue rushing blindly towards the next big thing without adequately addressing issues still present. Those of us running this 8.1 preview are the "Early Enthusiasts" looked to as the support they wanted to build a solid customer base from. If we are so unhappy can you imagine the average Joe when he buys a new phone and try's to use this awful music app?????

I don't think that they can fix it. It's a system app now,that can't be removed which if it could be, would allow 3rd party development that would work as it was supposed to which is why we still have issues with those as well.

Anshuman Bhadauria

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
When can we next update from XBM team ?

The story is that Microsoft is struggling with their music app. They have already messed up biweekly updates schedule and if they don't fix anything they say 'bug fixes'. We are helpless. Better if they had provided an alternative with the old music app for the meantime. Due to them now people have to pay for a shortcut(music hub tile). What a mess!!

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I thought the update last week was just a quick bug fix. They should release their bi-weekly update this week with new features. 😠

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I just hope that in the next update something can be done about all the missing album art. Some third party apps like OneMusic and Music Pro see a few covers that XBM doesn't see, however Nokia MixRadio sees EVERY single cover - no missing album art or background pictures.

I've retagged every single album, every track and it shows up perfectly on XBM on Windows 8.1, yet on my phone about 30% seems to be missing.

And I don't want to invest in MixRadio because I have no idea how long that will be supported (besides, I want to switch brand, seeing all the 8.1 phones coming out and MixRadio is Lumia exclusive so far).

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
The story is that 9Microsoft is struggling with their music app. They have already messed up biweekly updates schedule and if they don't fix anything they say 'bug fixes'. We are helpless. Better if they had provided an alternative with the old music app for the meantime. Due to them now people have to pay for a shortcut(music hub tile). What a mess!!

They can't release the old app because it doesn't exist anymore, the whole point of the new app is to seperate it from the OS. The hub tile just hooked into some of leftover code.

Also they were delayed with one update, and that one actually made things noticeably better for me.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
They can't release the old app because it doesn't exist anymore, the whole point of the new app is to seperate it from the OS. The hub tile just hooked into some of leftover code.

Also they were delayed with one update, and that one actually made things noticeably better for me.

If it isn't hooked into the os...why force folks to use it. It's still hooked in..otherwise you could delete it.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
He means the current app is not part of the OS anymore. Yes it's still hooked into the OS, but they don't have to update the whole OS when updating something XBM related.

Agreed, I no longer have black screens. Wondering whats next

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope Microsoft is secretly just re writing a new music app from scratch. I don't believe this one is fixable, or they would have done that by now. I don't even know how the app runs in general because when I see 'loading', even for a second, it makes me not want to use it. So I don't use it. Xbox music use to be my #1 used app. now it's on the bottom of my list.

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I hope Microsoft is secretly just re writing a new music app from scratch. I don't believe this one is fixable, or they would have done that by now. I don't even know how the app runs in general because when I see 'loading', even for a second, it makes me not want to use it. So I don't use it. Xbox music use to be my #1 used app. now it's on the bottom of my list.
Well, I guess Microsoft next big thing to come, it should be a decent music app. LOL

Dave Scarpa

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Have to admit its very frustrating. I went online and cleaned up my collection, added a few new albums into my collection I am a pass subscriber. I went into the app, turned of streaming, exited, turned it back on, even rebooted the phone and I cannot get the app to see what I've done. It still shows things I've cleaned up and does not show the albums I added, I cannot download anything, every song says I do not have the rights, until I click on the album, let it load again and then go to the song list and now they are not greyed out. It's just all fubarred.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Not that it really matters, and not that I'm terribly upset, but on the off (.005%) chance someone from MS reads this:

I finally had enough and cancelled my Xbox Music subscription. The experience as a whole, and this WP app experience in particular, was too much of a headache for all these months.

Ah well...Hopefully they come up with something. If so, I'd be happy to come back.

twelvetudors

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So I added a bunch of new music recently via the Windows Xbox Music App, and it's not showing up on Windows Phone. It shows up on Android, but not WP. Any idea how to fix this?

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Not that it really matters, and not that I'm terribly upset, but on the off (.005%) chance someone from MS reads this:

I finally had enough and cancelled my Xbox Music subscription. The experience as a whole, and this WP app experience in particular, was too much of a headache for all these months.

Ah well...Hopefully they come up with something. If so, I'd be happy to come back.

You still paid cash for it? I haven't done that since they added xbox music to bing rewards, I get it for free now. And that's with plenty of extra points per month for other stuff like wp apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte