Waiting for WP Xbox Music App update!!

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Whatever happened to professional responsibility? When you report on something that is as much of a hot topic as you acknowledged in the article on Thurs about the struggles of the XBOX Music app...and what you reported turns out to be incorrect (NO UPDATE) then a responsible reporter would follow up with the people that they referenced in the article and find out what happened...and if they don't reply to you then that is what you report...not just a BIG NOTHING to your readers!!!!!!!!!!!

wiederman

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Whatever happened to professional responsibility? When you report on something that is as much of a hot topic as you acknowledged in the article on Thurs about the struggles of the XBOX Music app...and what you reported turns out to be incorrect (NO UPDATE) then a responsible reporter would follow up with the people that they referenced in the article and find out what happened...and if they don't reply to you then that is what you report...not just a BIG NOTHING to your readers!!!!!!!!!!!

AGREED! I was pumped about the update since reading the article on Thursday and I have been let down...

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I expect like many other readers on this site, there was a huge amount of excitement about the forthcoming release, and expectations were set that it would be on our phones by now. Perhaps WPCentral could reach out to Microsoft / Joe Belfiore / Xbox Music team and communicate the reason for the delay to us users?

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I should note that from checking frequently on Twitter, there's no response from Belfiore's account, despite being asked numerous times from various users. He's no doubt a very busy man, hence the suggestion that perhaps WPCentral could ask on our behalf with the relevant persons / team at the other end.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I should note that from checking frequently on Twitter, there's no response from Belfiore's account, despite being asked numerous times from various users. He's no doubt a very busy man, hence the suggestion that perhaps WPCentral could ask on our behalf with the relevant persons / team at the other end.
Guessing some wires got crossed and both updates will be relaxed simultaneously

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
man... all i want are my cloud playlists to actually update and populate. is that asking too much? why isn't there a manual "force refresh" button?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
This may shock you guys, but the Zune team and Xbox music team? They share members. Even the guy who was interviewed worked on Zune for years

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
Ah. That guy who knows exactly what is meant but chooses to be obtuse.

It was a little out of nowhere. No one has mentioned Zune in this thread in at least a month.

Back on topic, it's unfortunate that after the XBM team finally generated some positive buzz with that interview, then immediately missed the release date, went back to radio silence.

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Back on topic, it's unfortunate that after the XBM team finally generated some positive buzz with that interview, then immediately missed the release date, went back to radio silence.

Totally agree. All the talk of the new, democratic, "we're listening to you guys" Microsoft, contradicted by a missed release and no explanation or apology.

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why they'd get us excited about the update and then not deliver on time..
Surely they should have said something along the lines of "The next update is going to be a good one, BUT it might be delayed since it is so big."
Now everyone is just annoyed

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I'm pretty sure the update he's referencing is not the one that was promised for last Friday. The interview clearly mentioned two updates. The first is the 50% improvement & recent list. Then two weeks later the live tile & kids corner update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss