Waiting for WP Xbox Music App update!!

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope someone from Microsoft reads this. Normally I get a 5-10 second delay when scrolling through my list of artists. Last night it took like 5 seconds to see the first few names. I started scrolling down, it was very slow and not showing up. I stopped scrolling in the M's, where I saw 3 artists on the screen with black gaps covering the rest of it. I stayed there, about 10 seconds later the 3 artists went away and saw a loading indicator. It was at least another 30 seconds later and finally the screen filled up with artists. This is complete and utter crap. If I showed this to anyone and told them that was the experience of wp, they would think it's a joke. I do not understand how this is still an ongoing issue. I seriously don't think i'm being too picky on this, it's a pretty big deal. I really am rooting for xbox music, I love the service and want to see it live on but the xbox music team is killing it (I don't mean that in a good way either).

Talk4Lig

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
u5e3a5ad.png

Does anyone else have this issue? It happens only when I download a song from some site, and then open it in IE
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I hope someone from Microsoft reads this. Normally I get a 5-10 second delay when scrolling through my list of artists. Last night it took like 5 seconds to see the first few names. I started scrolling down, it was very slow and not showing up. I stopped scrolling in the M's, where I saw 3 artists on the screen with black gaps covering the rest of it. I stayed there, about 10 seconds later the 3 artists went away and saw a loading indicator. It was at least another 30 seconds later and finally the screen filled up with artists. This is complete and utter crap. If I showed this to anyone and told them that was the experience of wp, they would think it's a joke. I do not understand how this is still an ongoing issue. I seriously don't think i'm being too picky on this, it's a pretty big deal. I really am rooting for xbox music, I love the service and want to see it live on but the xbox music team is killing it (I don't mean that in a good way either).

In some of the initital version every artist name would show "Loading..." before appearing. While it's crazy they need to do something like that, I think it was a much better user experience to see something on screen rather than just blackness.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

You're lucky, most of the time it won't even load most of the artists in my artists list, no matter how much I wait. Usually opening and closing Xbox Music a few times fixes it, but the whole thing is just annoying. I don't understand why it's acceptable to have a "beta" music experience in an OS that is RTM.

Last edited:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update fresh from MS. The artist list actually LOADS fine now! Nice update.

My database is still bugged though. I cleaned up all my ID3 tags and it still doesn't see the changes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos