Waiting for WP Xbox Music App update!!

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Since the last update was delayed by a week, should we be expecting an update this week? There seem to be a lot of bugs, and a general improvements update would be nice.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Since the last update was delayed by a week, should we be expecting an update this week? There seem to be a lot of bugs, and a general improvements update would be nice.

I have a feeling update will be next week with bug fixes only, no new features.

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Right, they still have lot of bugs to be squashed.
I really hope they don't fix the click/pop sound that you sometimes get between tracks. It really enhances the song you're listening to. The tension and suspense builds through the song as you're never quite sure if it'll happen or not when it gets to the end.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
It seems they've moved to tri-weekly updates and are hoping nobody has noticed. I knew this would happen, as soon as they fix the most obvious problems they'll slow down working on it.

Still no update now. There are a lot of areas to improve with this app, no reason for them to slow down.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I tried the Music app again the other day. For about a minute. During which time it crashed more often than I could start it up. Seems it couldn't handle the fact that some music files on the filesystem weren't still there, so pressing the Shuffle button just caused it to crash.
They're going backwards, not forward. They're still trying to run before they can walk. A simple ability to play what's on the filesystem should be the first step.
Anyways, Modern Music is still rocking for me, it only plays music it's found, doesn't crash, and actually uses the album art I specify rather than whatever some server thinks I want.

Marc Cupido

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Its now 3 weeks and still no update! I need to start my app prob 5 times before it actually goes in. Other time it just loads and then crashes

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I gave up on it months ago. Just use another app or device.

And the "updates" tended to be released on Fridays. But it's anyone's guess if/when they'll be any further updates.

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Do they have gapless playback yet?

All I've ever wanted out of the Zune/Xbox music app on Windows Phone 7/8/8.1 is gapless playback like my old Zune HD

Haha, they do have gapless playback. They achieve it by inserting a random click/pop sound in the gap ;). That's been in the new app since the beginning. Maybe we should have been more specific about what we asked for!

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Still no update now. There are a lot of areas to improve with this app, no reason for them to slow down.

Yes, we know that, but it seems they may not see it the same way. Despite all the feedback some things never seem to make their list. In fact, I've just notice that the last update announcement didn't even have a future updates list:

http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/know...sic-on-windows-phone-8-1-update-now-available

Compare that to the previous announcement (which is much smaller even than the earlier ones):

http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/know...sic-on-windows-phone-8-1-update-now-available

I may be wrong, but it could be that they saw that last update as job done! :S

Meanwhile, I still get the aforementioned clicking sound between tracks. What's that all about??!?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99