Today I bought myself a Nokia Lumia 800 as my secondary device. Reason for that is simple, it is because of Zune player that is just gorgeous, fast, responsive. I don't like the environment that Xbox music has. Even after the last update, XBM is just too damn slow on devices with 512 mb of RAM, and it WON'T be any faster when the official version comes out. It takes me about 1 min to start XBM app, find and play song that I want. Why? Microsoft is trying to push us to buy more expensive phones (the ones that have 1 gb of ram or more). So annoying is that the most simple things takes more time to do (playing music, video or game). The policy about cheap phones is DEAD!

So I just downgraded to WP 7. I didn't want to leave MS and switch on Android Sh!T. Hope MS will do something about this. This is just my experience that I wanted to share with you guys.
    05-25-2014 02:38 PM
    Today I bought myself a Nokia Lumia 800 as my secondary device. Reason for that is simple, it is because of Zune player that is just gorgeous, fast, responsive. I don't like the environment that Xbox music has. Even after the last update, XBM is just too damn slow on devices with 512 mb of RAM, and it WON'T be any faster when the official version comes out. It takes me about 1 min to start XBM app, find and play song that I want. Why? Microsoft is trying to push us to buy more expensive phones (the ones that have 1 gb of ram or more). So annoying is that the most simple things takes more time to do (playing music, video or game). The policy about cheap phones is DEAD!

So I just downgraded to WP 7. I didn't want to leave MS and switch on Android Sh!T. Hope MS will do something about this. This is just my experience that I wanted to share with you guys.
    It's not that MS is screwing over low-memory devices, its just that the current XBM app is just universally bad no matter the device. So jumping to a conclusion like that is a bit much. (IMO that is)
    They're fixing it up bit-by-bit, so kudos to them for trying to clean up the mess, but personally, I still use the old Music app. (thanks to reker's music tile app i think)

So whatever floats your boat i guess, for a while before I got on the WP boat I would tote two devices often. Typically some Palm Pilot/iPod combo.
    BataBole likes this.
    05-25-2014 03:44 PM