What is your recommended way to manage music in windows phones

levalencia

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from iphone 4 to nokia lumia 925.

I downloaded the app to sync music, which automatically loads the itunes collection.
However this app is really poor, specially because I have my music organized by folders and each folder is a year, inside each year I have singles and albums, so I have a very nice structure in iTunes

However in this application to sync, all playlists appear on the left as a plain list, so that makes sync impossible.
I tried zune, and apparently its not supported anymore for wp 8.

At the end I am copying the files via explorer, but not really nice.!

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I use Google Play - you install a small app on your PC or Mac and it matches all your music online for free. Anything it can't match gets uploaded. Use the Cloud Music app on your Windows Phone and you can stream your music wherever you are. It gives access to your iTunes playlists too. The same as iTunes Match but free for 20,000 songs. The PC app can use iTunes or a folder of music as its source so it's very flexible. If you have a good data plan and good coverage it is an excellent solution and uses very little space on your phone.

Cloud Music also allows you to download music (the app refers to is as 'cache') so you can play stuff without eating into your data plan if you have a limited allowance.

I use it in the car via Bluetooth to my car stereo and it works really well.

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Windows Media Player? I just drag and drop from file explorer because its the Easiest and fastest, I don't really care for folders because it doesn't really matter once it's on my phone

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Add your iTunes library to Windows Media Player and sync it. (it will be in your personal folder and then music I think). I've got iTunes tracks on my Lumia 620 that way. I don't know if that works with the Windows Phone app in Windows 8 though.

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I use windows media player to rip my cd's and then I simply drag the music folder to the phone using windows explorer. That's worked for me for many years.

On my PC I use xbox music to listen to my music and the playlists seem to sync with my phone (idk if its through onedrive or if they sync when I connect my phone to my pc)

levalencia

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I use Google Play - you install a small app on your PC or Mac and it matches all your music online for free. Anything it can't match gets uploaded. Use the Cloud Music app on your Windows Phone and you can stream your music wherever you are. It gives access to your iTunes playlists too. The same as iTunes Match but free for 20,000 songs. The PC app can use iTunes or a folder of music as its source so it's very flexible. If you have a good data plan and good coverage it is an excellent solution and uses very little space on your phone.

Cloud Music also allows you to download music (the app refers to is as 'cache') so you can play stuff without eating into your data plan if you have a limited allowance.

I use it in the car via Bluetooth to my car stereo and it works really well.

can you please give me more info? how do you use google play? as far as I know google play is the android store, so I am kind of list. please ellaborate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs