Random Play Bug?

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that when doing random play on a very large playlist my "favorites" playlist has over 800 songs) that the "randomness" is actually very repetitive and stays within a certain range of the songs depending on which song you start with.

For example, if I start with the first song alphabetically on my playlist, it will "randomly" play a certain amount of songs but will only cover the first 50 or so first songs alphabetically in the playlist...it won't make it beyond artists names that start with the letter "C."

If I start with an artist that starts with "M" though, it will again only play songs from artists names starting with "M" or "N"....

What....the...hell?

:angry:

bananabender

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Happening to my phone too. My solution? I used 'Extreme Music' for real randomness. You have to have the app open to change songs for true randomness, though.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure the limit is 100 songs, and that it's one of the things they're working on fixing...it's on the list of "fixes coming soon".

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
so...tried it again today after the update from this week.

Seems to be a LITTLE more random. Seems to still be limited to a couple of letters now. Started in the M/N range of artists but would jump to the B/C range of artists...but didn't seem to go much beyond those two general areas. Playlist of about 800 songs covering nearly every letter of artists.

getting there.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon