XBOX Music loading time...

Hi Fadia

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Stopped working once again... Screw this ****, I'm done with XM 😠
Will be using listen from now, thanks for the suggestion everyone!

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It has now reached the point of being a roll of the dice as to whether the app will even open. This is inexcusable. I can't believe what an utter failure this was and that MS actually put their brand on it. I tried several times this morning in the gym. It would just hang on the green headphone screen and never open.

I switched to MixRadio. This is on an Icon btw so the hardware should be more than sufficient to handle a large music collection. That point becomes moot when I compare it to Zune on my old WP7, because it had more songs on it than this one and the hardware was about 3 years older.

I'm utterly disappointed.

Last edited:

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I'm still running 8.0, the music + videos app with all connections set to On, and have only or mostly my large XbM Pass collection music streaming to my 1020. The app opens immediately and all I do is tap the play button throughout the day. The longest play-button delay I will have is about 10 seconds from a fresh start of the phone. The app still launches immediately. If the phone has been on -as it is nearly always, pressing the play button on the pause/play popup, re-starts a track immediately, and going through the app for a new shuffle or an album or artist, I get music in 2-3 seconds. After any launch, the tracks play continuously, always. The 1020 is still mostly just a phone, texting, and photo device; and only my third or fourth music-playing option behind my Zunes and desktop, but it's music app is working most satisfactorily every day, patiently waiting for the phone's automatic update. It is my first music option in my cars, as I almost always connect it and push play just ahead of the seat belt. Good luck to all getting your music to On in a New York second or two. :love:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720