IS there an Xbox Music player for runners/joggers?

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Just started to run (no im not a toddler) and seen iPod Shuffle, Sandisk Sansa as possible gadgets to use to listen to music while running.

Is there a player there utilises Xbox Music?

I like the Sandisk over the iPod as its got a capability to record voice notes (great ideas always come when you least expect them) Any thoughts?

Sry caps in title

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a runner, but I power walk (zero impact, you know?). I use my L920 WP. I fire up Bing Health & Fitness to track my speed/distance using GPS, and have a fast-paced playlist nailed to my start screen. An added advantage to taking your phone along? If you trip/fall/twist an ankle, you can call for help rather than limping home. Why carry 2 devices?

My daughter had a Sansa that she used for a long time, but it lacked capacity (she's got about 4 GB music on her phone).

I also recently found some great Bluetooth headphones I like. Over-the-ear cans that weigh in at only 5.2 oz, complete with NFC and swipe-touch volume/track controls. I love being wireless when I walk. BTW, they're called RaveTouch and only cost about $50 on Amazon. Not as much bass as Dr. Dre cans, but for 1/4 the price, they sound damn good.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I will check it out!

Whats the best way to carry the phone, perhaps a wrist strap so I can grab info at a glance.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I will check it out!

Whats the best way to carry the phone, perhaps a wrist strap so I can grab info at a glance.

Depending on the phone you have, you might decide that strapping it to your arm is not comfortable or convenient. There are a couple of armbands in the WPCentral store, but I recall reading reviews about them not fitting phones for which they are listed (i.e., the Lumia 920) and sweat causing problems with the plastic case.

I bought a Nite Ize horizontal case that fits the Lumia 920 snugly, but it has elastic gussets to hug the phone, not strangle it. I turn on music, slip it in the case, and clip the case to my waistband. That may or may not work for a runner. My phone gives me auditory notifications re: calls and text messages and asks if I want to answer or ignore calls, asks if I want text msgs read to me, asks if I want to reply to texts via voice. emails can wait. Music is automatically paused for calls and resumes afterward. If I want to stop the music for a moment, I just tap the big flat surface of the earphone. If I want to raise or lower the volume, I just swipe up or down on the earphone. If I want to go to the next track, its a two-finger swipe down. No fiddling with trying to find teeny buttons on the edge of the earphone or trying to remember which button is which.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Get the 520 or 521. You can get them for $40-60 out the door. No contract required. They're great for a lot of things including as an Xbox Music player. Comes with 8 GB of storage but has a microsd slot so plug in that 128 GB card! I use mine for offline GPS as well as music. But works for games and other stuff and still a great Wi-Fi device. It's also small and decently lightweight for a budget phone.
No ned to drain your cell phone battery just for running. I also have an icon and have a huge arm and for that one but the icon with band is huge and heavy compared to the 521 with arm and.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
This thread makes me reminisce about my Zune HD.

:crying:
I have Zune HD32, HD64, and 80 players. Use the nearly-full HD64 on most of my almost-daily bike rides. :love:
Only downside to the players is that they don't have Bluetooth.

Last edited:

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just get an iPod Nano 6th Generation?
I do a lot of running and it's by far the best running/fitness music device I've found yet. iPods are second to none already for music playback but the Nano 6g is tiny, touchscreen and has a belt clip on it so easy to attach to yourself without those stupid arm strap holders that are either too tight or slip down your arm.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-iPod-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2640501

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just get an iPod Nano 6th Generation?
I do a lot of running and it's by far the best running/fitness music device I've found yet. iPods are second to none already for music playback but the Nano 6g is tiny, touchscreen and has a belt clip on it so easy to attach to yourself without those stupid arm strap holders that are either too tight or slip down your arm.

Apple iPod nano 8GB - Graphite - 6th Generation (Launched Sept 2010): Amazon.co.uk: Audio & HiFi

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk

Got the MS Fitness app and the GPS tracking is amazing, whats the smallest windows device with GPS that i can use, not bothered how old it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo