To fix any sort of issue you're experiencing with the Xbox music/video app to first needed to back up all your music files and folders.
    Delete all the the music from your phone/sd card. Use a pc/laptop. DON'T delete songs using the app.
    Let the app run without any music for a day. You'll see how smooth it is. Just keep constantly testing the app. Opening it and closing it again. Switch it in the multitasking.
    You could also remove the SD card entirely.
    After you've waited one entire day add your music back to your sd card/phone. Again using your laptop/pc.
    And voila! Now the app will work like a charm. Multitasking, start up of the app, fluency and smoothness all work like they really should.
    You're welcome in advance
    07-08-2014 11:40 AM
    To fix any sort of issue you're experiencing with the Xbox music/video app to first needed to back up all your music files and folders.
    Delete all the the music from your phone/sd card. Use a pc/laptop. DON'T delete songs using the app.
    Let the app run without any music for a day. You'll see how smooth it is. Just keep constantly testing the app. Opening it and closing it again. Switch it in the multitasking.
    You could also remove the SD card entirely.
    After you've waited one entire day add your music back to your sd card/phone. Again using your laptop/pc.
    And voila! Now the app will work like a charm. Multitasking, start up of the app, fluency and smoothness all work like they really should.
    You're welcome in advance
    I'll try it and report back. The Music app is truly terrible, there's about 50% chance that it will get stuck at black screen while opening.
    07-08-2014 11:52 AM
    It'll work. I'm sure.
    07-08-2014 01:31 PM
    It'll work. I'm sure.
    Okay so I removed all the songs trough the computer, BUT! they're still present in the music player! I can't play any of them, but they're still there! All the artists, albums, everything, like nothing was deleted. Trough a computer, the Music folder on the phone looks empty though.
    I tried rebooting multiple times, soft reset as well, and nothing helps, and on top of it, the Music app is still terribly slow. Any suggestions?
    07-09-2014 09:48 AM
    Did you try to select and delete all songs in the app?
    If that doesn't work then boot up the phone without the sd card once.
    07-09-2014 11:16 AM
    after doing this i dont have my album cover
    07-09-2014 11:29 AM
    That's a fault in the app. And there's a way to add the album covers. Search the forums.
    A smooth working app is a bigger requirement than album arts fir me.
    07-09-2014 12:35 PM