Play To xbox one via WP8

Jon Arild Aanestad

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to play music from my phone to my xbox one? With apple TV it is possible to play video and music directly to the big screen, but I can'tseem to find out how to do this on windows phone.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I can't speak for the One but with the 360 it needs to be on the home screen, and all you do is load up Play To on the phone and choose the xbox as the device. Should be the same for the One.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Just switch your xbox on and leave it on that screen. Launch* the Play To app on your phone. It should list any compatible devices it finds. If it finds the xbox, pick it and start playing stuff on your phone.

*Download if you need to as well

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've used Nokia PlayTo to play songs to the Xbox One, but I don't know if theres any way to do it from Xbox Music per se

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've used Nokia Play to to play music on my 360, although it doesn't play when I only have server/cloud music Pass tracks on my 1020 --I get a format cannot/error message. It plays when I have only WMA and mp3 tracks, and I guessed it was a DRM limitation. I also tried using SmartGlass at first, but it could never "find my console", although the 360 settings were On appropriately, and the 1020 did "see" the 360 on the network. I guessed that I needed Xbox Live Gold, but I just found the Play to and never pursued SmartGlass. There is a SmartGlass for the One, and isn't that another option?

I use the 360 almost exclusively as a Windows Media Center extender, but my music did sound amazing playing through the Xbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs