Now that load time has improved, can we get 'recently added' and 'recently played'?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Granted I'm less than an hour in but it seems much smoother (i know) and has't crashed yet. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the lag issue has improved significantly and will continue over the next few weeks.

With that apparently being addressed, I'd love to get the "recently played" and "recently added" screens from Zune back. I often add new music and don't listen right away and completely forget about it. Not as big an issue anymore as most new music is horrible and I have pretty much all the music I'd ever need from the 90's. Occasionally something listenable will come out and I often don't have time to listen when I initially download. With no "recently added" screen I completely forget it even exists (which with new music is probably a good thing in a lot of cases).

Keep punching through MS.

rafaldo

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree about adding the recently added/played sections - I'm not just finding I forget about music I've recently added, but also listening to music less because I have so much on my 1520 that it's hard to sift through and choose without the quick option of playing recently added.
Hopefully they can add this back, again ridiculous that it was removed in the first place but that's Xbox Music for ye.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
live tile and gapless playback!!!

Edit: The new update sucks so much. Artist are taking too much time to load up, about 5-6 seconds. Very annoying.

rafaldo

May 13, 2014
Visit site
A possible solution for getting the "recently added" feature back for those running 8.1 Update 1.
I created a live folder on my start screen called "New Music" and whenever I add albums to my phone, I pin them into that folder which gives me easy access. I know this isn't as great as having the recently added section in Xbox Music, but it's a decent substitute that avoids having to sift through the music app.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
A possible solution for getting the "recently added" feature back for those running 8.1 Update 1.
I created a live folder on my start screen called "New Music" and whenever I add albums to my phone, I pin them into that folder which gives me easy access. I know this isn't as great as having the recently added section in Xbox Music, but it's a decent substitute that avoids having to sift through the music app.

Good idea. I'll try it out until they add the feature.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Granted I'm less than an hour in but it seems much smoother (i know) and has't crashed yet. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the lag issue has improved significantly and will continue over the next few weeks.

With that apparently being addressed, I'd love to get the "recently played" and "recently added" screens from Zune back. I often add new music and don't listen right away and completely forget about it. Not as big an issue anymore as most new music is horrible and I have pretty much all the music I'd ever need from the 90's. Occasionally something listenable will come out and I often don't have time to listen when I initially download. With no "recently added" screen I completely forget it even exists (which with new music is probably a good thing in a lot of cases).

Keep punching through MS.

They added recently played two weeks ago

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com

Folders surprised me in terms of their usefulness for this exact reason. I created a "Quick Play" folder for new music/playlists I listen to often. It works pretty fantastically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro