Update KILLED My XBOX Music

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
XBOX Music is totally broken on my Lumina Icon since the update. It doesn't show any of my local or streamed music nor can I find music in there store. I've rebooted several times with the same results. No option to uninstall or remove the update. Suggestions?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
XBOX Music is totally broken on my Lumina Icon since the update. It doesn't show any of my local or streamed music nor can I find music in there store. I've rebooted several times with the same results. No option to uninstall or remove the update. Suggestions?

Made Xbox Music on my Icon a lot faster. I sympathize with you. Have you tried a soft reset (volume down + power button)?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I sure have. It lists NO MUSIC in my collection or Store. Nothing. I actually spent time on XBOX Music support and they were helpful but they said they had no fix and I'll need to hard reset. :(

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I woke up this morning and my music was there and it is working. Weird...

I think it's because it will index your library when your phone is charging. There really needs to be an option to manually scan for new music, because I'm tired of having to charge my phone for 30+ minutes waiting for it to index new music every time I put a new album on.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
After recent update, app crashed every time I tried to play music on my 620. Then I tried soft reset. After that, none of my music is showing. :(

Last edited:

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I think it's because it will index your library when your phone is charging. There really needs to be an option to manually scan for new music, because I'm tired of having to charge my phone for 30+ minutes waiting for it to index new music every time I put a new album on.

Agreed. Though it didn't do that on my Wife's 1520...thanks for the tips...

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Try what he said... charge it for a while and see if it will index...

My phone was plugged in last hour. I just checked and it seems that xbox music indexed my music again.
Then, I played music. Music started playing but app closed.
Now, app works for me correctly. but reopening app (when closed on multitasking view, but playing music) takes about 20-30 seconds!!
Update: Also when app suspends (I have lumia 620 so it happens often), it takes 30 seconds to open :|

Last edited:

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
On my 635 the update erased all of my music rights so the music shows, but can't play anything. My phone doesn't show up anymore on Xbox Music device management. Nice real nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05