XBox Music asking me to buy music despite active subscription

jrsavery

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This afternoon I tried to download a song from Xbox Music to play offline using the WP8 Music + Video hub. I have an active subscription but every song or album only offers the buy option, whereas it always used to say download.

If I access the store via the standalone Xbox Music app I get the option to download rather than buy.

Has anyone else experienced this? BTW this is on a Lumia 1020 on the ATT network in the states...

jrsavery

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had a long support chat with MS last night and the end result is that this is apparently related to an existing issue that currently has no solution :-(

Annoyingly the standalone Xbox Music app is working normally/as badly as ever. The issue is also affecting my win 8.1 tablet and laptop...

Stephen Schwarz

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just read your reply and decided to play a song one more time...and everything works. I wouldn't call this satisfactory as there is no explanation for why. I haven't tried premium Spotify since the old design, maybe that is the "best" solution to this frustrating and seemingly low priority problem. The solution on their end should be to refund your music pass.

Stephen Schwarz

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
If they have a currently unsolvable issue the solution is to refund your music pass for the time being, and maybe give you some credit. I haven't tried Spotify since the old design, maybe it's time to give it another.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster