Xbox Music force closes when selecting album

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what the issue is but today when trying to sell a family member on purcahsing their first smartphone (my suggestion of a Lumia 635 which I had in hand), the Xbox Music app force closes whenever selecting an album. No error message comes up, and not sure what the issue is.

This doesn't happen in MixRadio nor does it happen when I use the Music Hub Tile app to get to the old Xbox Music (which I only downloaded to confirm this issue with the most recent update to the new XBM app).

Any thoughts?

flirb

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have observed the Music app to crash when it tries to switch to the 'now playing' screen - that is, when I start playing a track. This happens with most of my music but not all of it. My entire library is tagged with high-quality 800x800 art, and the crashing seems to be related to the size of the art embedded in the track: JPEGs above a certain size lead to a crash.

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I have observed the Music app to crash when it tries to switch to the 'now playing' screen - that is, when I start playing a track. This happens with most of my music but not all of it. My entire library is tagged with high-quality 800x800 art, and the crashing seems to be related to the size of the art embedded in the track: JPEGs above a certain size lead to a crash.

That's an odd bug. I still use iTunes to manage music, so when it autofills album art it does so with pretty good images, so that could well be the issue.

I wonder if other people have experienced this.

flirb

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I haven't figured out the exact cutoff point, but tracks with album art in the 60-70KB range play fine while tracks with album art over 100KB cause the crash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett