Windows 8.1-App with messed-up shuffling

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't find this issue in any other thread, so I thought I'd open up a new one.
The windows 8.1 app (not WP) has some annoying issues with shuffling playlists. That started about 4 months ago, I guess and hasn't been addressed in any of the updates. When I shuffle a playlist it replays the first song that was played every 3 to 4 songs. So I get something like this:
Song C, Song X, Song E, Song C, Song F, Song M, Song C and so on..
This behavior sometimes stops after many skips but it annoys the heck out of me. This happens on both my W8.1 devices and my Surface RT.
Anyone else experiencing this?

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning on getting an xbox music pass, so I'd like to stick to that app. And I can't think of a reason why MS wouldn't be able to fix this issue.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't have your issue with the stock Music app on my Surface RT that's been running Windows 8.1 since its release. I use the RT for bluetoothing shuffled music once or twice a week, although usually its whole 6000+ collection. I just tested shuffling a 70-track playlist and didn't get a repeat through about 20 tracks. I have several versions of a few songs in the playlist and two different versions of one played on #1 and about #13, but no other even version-repeats through those 20-or-so tracks. If this were a riddle, my only guess would be that you have relatively few tracks and the math was just catching up. I suppose it could be a fault, limitation, or characteristic with how the software works in your country, and/or with your app's, Win 8.1, or other settings and preferences. Is your shuffle symbol the only one showing in green on your RT? Good luck figuring this out.

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your responses. I'm using the newest versions of OS and app. And no matter how many songs there are in the playlist or what option I choose, I always get this repetitions. Since it was on all my devices, I figured it was an app problem, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I'll just reinstall them once more..

//Edit: Okay, the latest update finally fixed this on all my devices. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes