So I sold my Lumia Icon and got the HTC One. I figured I'd need to load all my music again, but I go into my collection and see all my songs are in there, they're just grayed out with exclamation points next to them. I didn't THINK my collection was stored in the cloud so I started loading songs back onto my phone. Over the last day though I've noticed that songs I haven't loaded to the phone yet are suddenly no longer gray and available.

Does Xbox music store your entire collection in the cloud and EVENTUALLY reload the whole collection onto your new device? I have a lot of music on my old phone (roughly 26 gb) so I could see why it would take a while. Should I stop reloading songs and let XMB reload them from the cloud? Is my mind playing tricks on me?

edit: Upon further review it looks like my mind WAS playing tricks on me. I guess Xmb still has placeholders (?) from the old songs I loaded. It looks like it's just taking a while for the new songs I reloaded to propagate and "ungray" in the collection and become available.
    Last edited by offbeatbop; 08-21-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    08-21-2014 10:08 PM
    As far as know, the music you purchased thru Xbox will be in the cloud and available to you on all your devices not just your phone. Same with music you stream if you get an Xbox pass.
    08-21-2014 10:29 PM
    As far as know, the music you purchased thru Xbox will be in the cloud and available to you on all your devices not just your phone. Same with music you stream if you get an Xbox pass.
    I didn't purchase any of this through xbox or stream it. It all came from my hard drive. I guess that's why it's grayed out. Weird that it kept the song names though.

I guess in a way it's good because it reminds me which songs I need to reload.
    08-21-2014 10:46 PM
    Happened to me too when I switched from the 920 to the 1520.

MS has a lot to work for with their music app. It's disappointing. The Music + Videos was much better. This one is slow, horrible at ID3 Tag reading and very buggy.

When I switched from iOS to the 920, I was really contented with the music player. This one isn't even half as good as the previous version. I'm considering rolling back to 8 if this doesn't get fixed in the near future. It really sucks for a music lover to have this kind of music player on a phone
    08-23-2014 09:59 PM