Music live tile animation bug (only on locally stored music in phone /sd card memory)

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The recent update supposedly brought back the animation with artist background image on the music tile but its not the case with locally stored music. On playing locally stored music, only the artist name animation is displayed on a green background on the music tile instead of the actual artist background. But when you play a song from your streaming collection, both artist background image and name animation shows on the music live tile as it should.
This is a minor bug and i hope the Xbox team can solve it as soon as possible.

Cravot

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes and no. The problem lies with the caching of the album and artist art. They are not always kept when offline, when you are online it gets the data and it displays it. Hope this helps

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes and no. The problem lies with the caching of the album and artist art. They are not always kept when offline, when you are online it gets the data and it displays it. Hope this helps

Still doesn't work.... This is a known bug, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Why don't you try it for your self. Play a local music and see if the artist background image shows on the music live tile....I bet it wouldn't

Cravot

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Still doesn't work.... This is a known bug, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Why don't you try it for your self. Play a local music and see if the artist background image shows on the music live tile....I bet it wouldn't

I tried it out before I wrote my first comment. When WiFi is disabled, the song plays but tile is green en background is black, but as soon as I enable WiFi it fills those spots up with artist pictures.

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried it out before I wrote my first comment. When WiFi is disabled, the song plays but tile is green en background is black, but as soon as I enable WiFi it fills those spots up with artist pictures.
I am always on wifi and every time I play a local music the live tile just shows the green background with the artist name animation but when I play a song from my steaming collection or from Xbox music store, the live tile works as it should ( with name animation and artist background image instead of green background )

Cravot

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I am always on wifi and every time I play a local music the live tile just shows the green background with the artist name animation but when I play a song from my steaming collection or from Xbox music store, the live tile works as it should ( with name animation and artist background image instead of green background )

I only have my xbox music songs on my phone so that is maybe why

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
This seems to be a coming/going problem--right now, it's acting up again. In my case, if I check an artist, I can see artist artwork, but if I try and play the song. it won't show up on the live tile.

I think what we really need as something like MPATool where we can just set a file that always comes up (not to mention putting the correct one for lesser-known artists).

AP3ND1X

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Can some1 explain me, why MPATool doesn't work with WP8.1 ? I'm from CZE where's no xbox music unfortunately, but I really want my artist backgrounds in livetile 😒 not the ugly green...

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Can some1 explain me, why MPATool doesn't work with WP8.1 ? I'm from CZE where's no xbox music unfortunately, but I really want my artist backgrounds in livetile �� not the ugly green...

That's an easy one, I think. Artist artwork is stored in a different place than the old Music + Video hub stored it, and the creator isn't interested in updating the program (it might not be accessible either, for all I know).

Too bad, anyone who made an app like that would probably get a decent number of sales.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea