W8.1 - cannot log in through app when on home internet

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I posted on Microsoft Community forums (Cannot login on Xbox Music on my Surface Pro - Microsoft Community) and asked my ISP but so far I still experience a problem with login in the Xbox Music (and Video) apps on my Surface Pro.

Last month, I moved into a new flat and changed my ISP, ever since then I cannot log in to Xbox Music or Video when using the app. If I go in the browser at music.xbox.com, there are no problems. If I tether my phone to log in and then revert to my home internet, there are no problems streaming. When I am at work, I have no problems to log in with the app...

I've asked my ISP if they block any ports or something by default and was told: "Our modems wouldn't have ports blocked by default and your NAT type should be moderate or type 2."

I had no problem with my old ISP and no problems at work or through phone tethering so the problem must be from my home internet. I've tried WiFi and Ethernet directly in the modem with no difference. I was advised to perform a factory reset of the modem and I did two weeks ago for other problems and this did not eliminate the sign in issue...
I live in Ireland and my new ISP is "UPC".

Anyone here has a suggestion how to remedy this problem?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb