Music Glitch Between Songs

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
god knows when it will be fixed? an does anyone know when the WP 8.1 update 1 be available? I have lumia cyan right now
It's been there for months in various software/firmware builds. Clearly MS aren't going to fix it.
Good news is that, if your local consumer protection laws allow it, you should be able to return the handset for a refund as it's not of satisfactory quality i.e. can't be used to listen to music.

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
It's been there for months in various software/firmware builds. Clearly MS aren't going to fix it.
Good news is that, if your local consumer protection laws allow it, you should be able to return the handset for a refund as it's not of satisfactory quality i.e. can't be used to listen to music.

That's possible. Of course, I always buy my phones online, and as such, I'm well past the point of returning it to even a reputable seller on Amazon marketplace.

I thought about replacing it with a Lumia 830, but it's possible this could happen again (also, I'm not big on the idea of paying $100 for a slightly less powerful handset to fix Windows Phone's error). I might just go Android in the future if I'm still worried about this.

Last edited:

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1020, now running 8.1 Cyan. The ONLY "cracking" I hear is on gapless, live albums. I get a micro-second, album-scratch-like crack at the end of each track. I experience this when playing such an album, and when a track from a gaplessly-recorded album plays on a shuffle play. This sound from these albums is only heard on my phone, and not on my desktop nor 3 Zune players playing back such an album or track. Also, it is always heard when playing back these albums. I experienced the same sound, and still only with gapless albums/tracks, with 8.0 Black. The 1020 is not a primary listening device, so I don't care much about this; but, correcting this would be great. (I have tested this only with my own ripped CDs.)

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
The "cracking" for me has spread to Pandora as well--in other words, streaming music.

So, the only compliment I can pay Microsoft is that Nokia's tech support has dutifully called me, on a weekly basis, to assure me that my case is escalated but they don't know how to solve it. I'm not being ignored, I just can't be helped.

So, I'm giving up. I'm going to flash the ROM of my phone back to 8.0--in other words, the version where playback worked, and internet sharing did as well. Cortana will have to go until I get another phone--which, after this 4 month experience since 8.1 first dropped, I'm fairly certain it won't be a Windows Phone. Microsoft can't give me a guarantee that one of their updates won't break two important functions on my phone, with no way to roll them back--I suppose no company can, but I'll give Android a try until they pull the same stunt and drag me along for a few months with no solution.

I guess it can't be helped. I'm a little disappointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre