Xbox pass music = local

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed my Xbox music pass collection is now up to 1460 songs and my combined collection is 2920 :smile:

Bob

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Excellent - yeah love Xbox music pass, I use it across all my devices. Has there ever been a rumor about a family plan of some sort?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
No but I only have one week for it to become true as it's the wife's birthday next Sunday and an XBMP was on the shopping list :straight:

I suppose I do miss the odd visit to second hand CD shops, but not that much :wink:

Bob

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just been looking at the wife's phone, and thinking through the strategy for her up-coming XBMP, she has so few local albums and to be honest they are almost all stuff from my collection as it's always been me that bought the CD's and before that the vinyl and I know she "wants" her own music, she is also not a techy in any sense of the word.

So I think I will let her start from scratch and delete all her local music (I will ask her) and as she has so few albums, if she wants them again she can add them herself.

If in the future she wants any Led Zeppelin or Beatles albums I can always copy them back.

But by doing a fresh clean start it will mean she knows what is going on and all her systems will match, so 520, Surface 2, laptop and at the moment account on my Xbox One but later on her own Xbox One.

Bob

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Almost 3000! Congratulations, Bob. I remember those exciting early days when I was downloading daily. After 3.5 years of XBMP life, I'm up to a total Collection of 7798, of which only 1828, or 23.4%, is mine. [Being on the original plan, an ever-growing percentage -now about 23%- of my owned (PC-loaded) music has been purchased with monthly credits.] I'm probably about where I'll remain because -including some lossless-ly ripped CD's- I'm at the storage limit of my 64gb Zune HD, my favorite listening device. So, for several months, I've been culling, along with adding to, my Collection.

I've enjoyed Zune/XBMP heaven immensely and have learned a lot. You'll soon have an XBMP partner to share the experience: Enjoy the music and the smiles. :smile:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Funnily enough I went past the 3000 songs today and also for the first time thought about storage :smile:

On my phone I currently have a 32g SD card, OK I do still have plenty of space, but can see it will be worth thinking about 128g soonish. The same will probably be the case on my Surface Pro (Not looked at it's storage yet).

The thing I am most pleased about is the freedom it gives you to listen to stuff you wouldn't do if you had to pay for each album.

In the past I have had very large collections of vinyl and about half of what I am downloading is stuff I have had before but the other half is new music to me, OK a lot of them are by bands I know, but there are also a decent amount that I have had no contact with.

And I haven't even started on classical music.

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos