Can I sort my music on Xbox music app for by albums, songs or genre?

gbafam

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
xbox music app for surface pro 3 (windows 8.1)

I am not a power user of music apps, but with my new surface pro 3 I decided to experiment with the xbox music app. (I've been gradually moving to more and more MS products just for convenience). It seems to be reasonably usable but I don't see any way to sort albums/songs by genre. Can that possibly be the case? Isn't that a function that any music app should have? Or am I missing some easy way to do this?

gbafam

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: xbox music app for surface pro 3 (windows 8.1)

I've been able to answer at least part of the question I raised earlier. As it happens, if you go to the top row where albums, artists and songs are lined up, the last column on that row has "by date added" but the drop down menu includes genre and it looks like the app will pick up previously assigned genres. So far so good. There doesn't, however, seem to be any obvious way to edit the meta data which would include, of course, creating/adding/amending/correcting genre assignments. Any suggestions on that more technical point?

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I can only suggest downloading the Zune software. I run that on my PC and SP 2, and I can right-click on tracks or albums and select "Edit" to revise any of several tags in very nice, clear respective popup windows. You can also select multiple tracks to edit.

I do run XBM some on an RT, but I've never edited on that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism