Cannot fetch rights error message

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I couldn't find a thread for this but if there is one already, my apologies. I just got a new Lumia 830 and put in the SD card from my old 520 in it since that had all my music and ringtones on it. Now when I go to play almost anything in Xbox Music, I get the message "Can't fetch rights. Sorry, we cannot get the rights for this song. Please check to make sure your time and date are correct, or try again later". Some songs will play but most songs give me this message. Short of deleting all my music and downloading everything again is there is any solution to this issue?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm suffering this same issue following the purchase of a 64gb card to replace my completely full 32gb card. There is one thing I'd like to try but can't.

Try popping your Micro SD card into your PC and using the Windows Xbox music app to apply the rights to your music. Then put the card back in your phone and see if it works. I would try it, but I don't have access to a PC. If it works, please let me know and I'll convince someone to let me use their PC to fix my own music.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you have more than two devices under your MS acct accessing Xbox music? Yes, check the timing on both devices and make sure there the same, better if you turn off automatic date+time.

Also try clearing your temp folder on both phones and restart the devices.

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my Lumia 920. I went to several sites including Microsoft support forums and tried everything! Nothing will get rid of that message.

Another thing I noticed is that this phone has not shown up under trusted devices. Only my main pc is on there.

My Xbox Music subscription has ended so I shouldn't be getting that message, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire