Windows Phone app for desktop - Syncing Music

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the Windows Phone App for desktop to sync music to my Lumia 920. I don't like it, but it seems to be the easiest way to sync all music from selected artists without manually going through my music every time I purchase new music from a specific artist.

I have the settings selected to use my Windows Library as the source of my music. The issue that I have is that one of the albums that is showing up in the list to sync is an album that had incorrect metadata (album titled incorrectly). I have deleted the album and re-ripped the CD with the correct metadata, but now two albums show up for this artist. I have searched my whole library and couldn't find the incorrectly labeled album anywhere. I have also attempted to rebuild my music library in Windows Media Player, but that made no difference.

If the albums are not matching with the actual files/folders in my Music library, and they are not matching with what is showing in WMP, where is the data coming from that the Windows Phone App for Desktop sees as part of my "Windows Library"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte