Wow zune....

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I NEVER KNEW ZUNE PLAYER WAS THAT GOOD UNTIL I TRIED TODAY IN MY LAPTOP..... cool and nokia story teller like animations... I hope these carry overs to phone also... it would be the best

Upstate Dunadan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
re:

This post is about 4 years too old. Anyone who had a Zune loved it. It's the people who didn't that made fun of it. And yes, Zune UI directly led to the Modern UI now used on Windows Phone. Too bad they are still trying build Zune functionality into XBox Music to get back to where the bar was set.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Nothing old about this post. I run Zune on two Win 7 Pro machines and one 8.1 Pro one, and strongly endorse it. I hope it continues to serve users and inspire and guide developers.

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I still use a Zune HD and have Zune software on my laptop and desktop. Zune HD was the best mp3 player on the market as far as I'm concerned. Since about 2010 its been the mp3 player I use and the software was great until it got shut down and now runs really slow for me.

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It's scary how much Microsoft regressed when they switched to XBoxMusic. I hope they learned a lesson when they downgraded. I still miss the functionality of Zune on WP7. I could label all my audiobooks as Podcasts and listen to them, stop and start where I left off. I still can't do that with ANY app on a new WP8.1. Plus how it synced all your music and it didn't double or triped all your song information. What are these monkeys over at XBOX Music doing? sigh.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The ZUNE desktop software runs great and is still amazing on my XP, Windows 7 and my SurfacePro 2 Windows 8.1 computers. Windows Media Center (the best DVR for live TV, cable TV, and DRM content too) does too. Amazing Microsoft software!

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
They should at least let Zune live inside their devices. There's no need to make another music player but Zune was where the Modern UI started.. Please bring it back, Microsoft!

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The ZUNE desktop software runs great and is still amazing on my XP, Windows 7 and my SurfacePro 2 Windows 8.1 computers. Windows Media Center (the best DVR for live TV, cable TV, and DRM content too) does too. Amazing Microsoft software!
Amazing is right! I run these on Win 7 and Win 8.1 as well. Also, I use an HDHomerun Prime to run with WMC on my PC, and an Xbox 360 E to project all my recordings (and live TV) on my (relatively) big screen, and through my best sound system. The Xbox (My Music app) will also play my entire PC's XBM Pass Collection, and stream music videos (the latter, US-only -I believe). Amazing (mostly) Microsoft products, indeed.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
They should at least let Zune live inside their devices. There's no need to make another music player but Zune was where the Modern UI started.. Please bring it back, Microsoft!
I believe the limitation is that Zune runs atop Windows Media Center, and that software is part of the old (not touch, for one) "architecture". You're right, though, that the ZuneHD's Zune was the original tile/modern/touch UI. But, that UI syncs with the PC's Zune, which works great and is modern and nice enough for me, but is not the modern UI either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel