XBox Music vs. Google Play

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I've been an Xbox music subscriber for a few years, even when it was Zune. I've tried to use the music match and play music on my Windows Phone, but part of the problem is getting the music matched. I've figured out how to manually go into Music on Win 8 and match it as well as possible, but still have errors. I have a few thousand songs in sorted folders on my drive and have them all tagged with the album covers. (Mp3tag is an awesome program for that).

Anyhow, I've been trying Android and decided to upload my music to Google Play. I found out you can upload up to 20,000 songs and play them on your devices for free. This is not "music match," it actually uploads your music with the tags. So, when I go to Music on an Android, it's all there with album covers. Freaking amazing and IMHO, SO MUCH better than the Xbox matching, which I know has caused people all kinds of trouble.

Am I missing something or is Google Play so much better designed? Oh, and I read Google Play streams at 320kbps.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's differently designed. But some folk may prefer the "matching" that XBM attempts.
And the downside of course is that you have to have a Google account.

JNaDa

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't Google Play "match" as well? I remember when I uploaded my library, it "matched" many of my songs with songs on their servers to "save time uploading." This resulted in a lot of clean versions of songs that weren't censored on my PC. That's why it streams 320kbps, because the songs on their servers are 320kbps. You can't upload a 96kbps song and expect it to stream at 320 quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923