12-14-2014 12:16 AM
30 12
tools
    Garbage and embarrassing app that Microsoft should be ashamed to have its name on. Period.
    12-11-2014 02:34 AM
    You know it is getting better, but it's still not up to par to what you get on an iPhone for example. Before the last update Xbox Music would crash almost every single time I locked the screen while playing music (but would still play the music). Now it only crashes every other time. Still have the issue though where after it crashes I can't open the app for a few minutes. Sometimes only a reboot fixes it. Blows my mind that gapless playback still isn't there, even though it's one of the highest voted suggestions on uservoice. Music controls outside the app need to be seriously redone as well (I know some people love it, but many of us do find it quite cumbersome). The overall music experience always leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and the only reason I'm still using my 1520 for music is because there's no 128GB iPod Touch. If Apple ever releases that I'd leave Xbox Music in a heartbeat!
    12-11-2014 11:18 AM
    I'm still so confused how so many people can judge this App to be OK.

I've an active Xbox Music subscription, a lightning-fast Lumia 1520 and downloaded my entire collection from the cloud to the device. Just playing music via the shuffle function is a big mess, it takes years to switch between the songs and the actual shuffle function is a joke since it doesn't even manage to switch from a song starting with A to one starting with a character further behind in the alphabet. It's the most awkward experience I've ever come across.
    12-12-2014 02:31 AM
    I'm still so confused how so many people can judge this App to be OK.

I've an active Xbox Music subscription, a lightning-fast Lumia 1520 and downloaded my entire collection from the cloud to the device. Just playing music via the shuffle function is a big mess, it takes years to switch between the songs and the actual shuffle function is a joke since it doesn't even manage to switch from a song starting with A to one starting with a character further behind in the alphabet. It's the most awkward experience I've ever come across.
    So-confused one: Shuffle is the primary, almost-only way I use XBM on my maybe-less-than-lightning-fast 1020 --in my cars, through simple after-market aux inputs and cheap audio cables; XBM responds immediately when I press the shuffle icon, and then plays smoothly and continuously every time, even when occasionally multi-tasking with HERE Drive+. If it's ever balked or crashed, it's been rare enough so that I didn't fret and I don't remember it. I do get the click at the end of gapless tracks. Unless there is something corrupt or incompatible with your music files, expect such performance. Good luck solving your 1520/XBM problem.

FWIW, forums are great for what's-new and how-to matters, but I always call Microsoft support when I have a software or hardware issue of any kind that I can't solve myself in under a dedicated hour.
    12-12-2014 12:20 PM
    So-confused one: Shuffle is the primary, almost-only way I use XBM on my maybe-less-than-lightning-fast 1020 --in my cars, through simple after-market aux inputs and cheap audio cables; XBM responds immediately when I press the shuffle icon, and then plays smoothly and continuously every time, even when occasionally multi-tasking with HERE Drive+. If it's ever balked or crashed, it's been rare enough so that I didn't fret and I don't remember it. I do get the click at the end of gapless tracks. Unless there is something corrupt or incompatible with your music files, expect such performance. Good luck solving your 1520/XBM problem.

FWIW, forums are great for what's-new and how-to matters, but I always call Microsoft support when I have a software or hardware issue of any kind that I can't solve myself in under a dedicated hour.
    If it's related to the files, then MS should fix it as I'm only using the files provided by the Xbox Music subscription service...
    12-14-2014 12:16 AM
30 12