Trouble purchasing free albums

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to "purchase" several of the holiday freebies using the music deals app. I keep getting "something went wrong. Give it another try..." followed by a URL (that's broken) and a guid to enter. Anyone else seeing this?

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Are the songs being added to your collection, but just not downloading on the PC you 'purchased' them from? I was having the exact same problem on one of my PCs. What worked for me was restoring the default libraries like the post marked 'Answer' suggests here:

Can't download Holiday Freebies (or other purchased - Microsoft Community

If your libraries aren't showing up in Windows Explorer, this link shows how to reveal them (they were hidden by default in Windows 8.1)

How to bring back Libraries in Windows 8.1 | PCWorld

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Tried this with no luck.

The issue is definitely with my PC at the office as I was able to successfully "buy" the free albums I wanted on my home PC (and phone). No idea what the cause is but at least I have a solution.

Your workplace probably disables it via firewall.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Your workplace probably disables it via firewall.

Possibly. Being a small company we don't block a lot of services like that, but it is possible. I'm able to successfully download albums using the music pass (not purchase) as well as stream from my browser. My phone worked OK which is connected to the WiFi at work, although that could be falling back to cell data. After I purchased the albums on my phone I was able to download them to my PC, so if it was blocked it was just the purchasing part.

Anyway, I got all the music I wanted, so I'm good. Although I have noticed they 100 albums changes a bit. Originally Phil Collins "No Jacket Required" was in there but now it's not. And U2's The Joshua Tree was in there but it's gone, too (although "All That You Can't Leave Behind" is now available). So, I'm checking daily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon