How do I download Xbox Music to my pc?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
***Edit. After chatting with MS we discovered that all it needed was an uninstall and reinstall of the PC app. All good now.

Like many others, I got a few free albums
from Microsoft's promotion and I also bought a few. I had to use my phone as I was at work. My phone was already low on space, so once an album was downloaded, I removed it from my phone.
I came home to use Xbox Music app on my Windows 8.1 PC and I can't find out how to download my albums to my PC. I actually don't see my music when I use the Music app, but I do see it when I log on through the web player. The web player only shows my purchases, while the app ony shows music already on my pc. I am logged into both.

Why is this so confusing and complicated?

All I want to do is download the music I purchased to my pc.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
make sure you enable "Automatically download songs here after you buy them on other devices"
That should help having to search for the stuff after you get back to your desktop.

***Edit. After chatting with MS we discovered that all it needed was an uninstall and reinstall of the PC app. All good now.

Like many others, I got a few free albums
from Microsoft's promotion and I also bought a few. I had to use my phone as I was at work. My phone was already low on space, so once an album was downloaded, I removed it from my phone.
I came home to use Xbox Music app on my Windows 8.1 PC and I can't find out how to download my albums to my PC. I actually don't see my music when I use the Music app, but I do see it when I log on through the web player. The web player only shows my purchases, while the app ony shows music already on my pc. I am logged into both.

Why is this so confusing and complicated?

All I want to do is download the music I purchased to my pc.

Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05