XBOX Music For Windows 8.1 Freezes Keyboard Input and Windows

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
When I listen to XBOX Music on Windows 8.1 and shuffle my collection, it works perfectly. If I add a playlist or two to NOW PLAYING, just before a song ends and starts to play the next one (about 15 seconds before song is over), I lose keyboard input and some other functions freeze while music still plays. This only happens when I add playlists to now playing as my collection is Shuffling.

For example, there are Christmas songs that I've kept separate from my collection so they do not shuffle year long...I play a streaming only Christmas playlist...If I shuffle my collection and then add the CHRISTMAS playlist to now playing, this system seizing happens 5-10 seconds before a new song plays. Works fine if I just shuffle my collection.

I can use the web-based XBOX Music fine but it tends to cause my other tabs to go slower, so no real solution except use my phone with a Bluetooth speaker at work and don't want to do that.

I've removed XBOX Music, cleared some temp files, loaded it back...nothing seems to resolve it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos