XBOX Music Pass different region on desktop and mobile

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a question concerning the Xbox Music Pass. I bought 2 passes in todays promotion.

I plan to use them on my desktop PC (which has the region Germany), on my surface pro 2 (region Germany) and my Lumia 1020 (region US, coz of better Cortana). Is there any problem whith the different regions? All 3 devices are online with a German IP.

My plan was to activate both codes on my desktop... Will it mess up something when I use it on my mobile device due to the different region settings? I read somewhere that if you change the country while having a xbox music pass you need to subscribe again!?

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Sweet: Congratulation, Penecho. I use it on the same devices, etc., though I only have one wonderful account. I'd check with Microsoft on your question. Maybe it's a problem only if you change the device's region after you've been using the pass on a given -or any- device. Good luck and enjoy the music. Great that today's deal is available in Germany.

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hehe well actually it was not available in Germany, but i travel alot to the US for work, (even have an appartement + SSN and so on). I bought it with my "US data" :)

I activated the 2 passes now and tried it on all 3 devices (same account) and so far it seems to work, even on my AT&T Lumia :)

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
The Xbox music app takes the localisation of your Xbox account - my account is in Ireland, my Xbox One in UK English, my Lumia in US because of Cortana and my Surface Pro in French (I know complicated) - on all of them, the first time I opened the app it told me the device is in a different location than my account and told me to just restart the app and it works on all of them

Otto Gunter

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I had posted a similar question on Microsoft Community and was also told that different regions will work. Digging a bit deeper, however, I found Xbox Music Pass documentation which clarifies that as incorrect:

Xbox Music allows you to listen to music when you travel for up to two weeks. After two weeks, the region listed in your Xbox Live account must match the region of your current Internet connection (or IP address). We require these to be in alignment so that only music in that supported region is played. To start playing music again through Xbox Music, you’ll need to make sure your account region is the same as where you’re accessing the Internet. This may require creating a new account.

You can change regions (Germany to US and back), but that has its own restrictions and limitations that rule it out for me, particularly the "once every 3 months" rule.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss