Where are music pass downlkoads stored on win phone

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I was looking to clear some space on my phone by deleting some music pass content (didn't want to delete via app as this removes from collection)

From looking at phone when connected to PC I went to the xbox music subscription cache folder and removed the albums I didn't want (this is the only location I know of)

However when I then launch the music app, these albums are still showing as downloaded and can be played, they don't show as streaming only

any thoughts on where else music pass downloads could be hiding?, or have I corrupted the DB by manually deleting music :(

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
You were in the right place, but it seems like an indexing issue, and it seems to take time for the app to catch up with changes.

I put my wife's SD card out of her 520 into her new 830 on Xmas day and it took some time for the app to show the Xbox music pass stuff to show up (It was there the next day).

Have you done a restart of the phone yet?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
What phone and storage space do you have?

That I am aware of it's only the 930 that won't take SD cards, so there is normally a better way to deal with space issues on phones.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies
My phone is a 925, so no external card for me

I will have another try of things today, restarting to see what happens (just seemed odd that after deleting music it still played offline)

just got a win tablet, so been busy setting that up and getting my music on it, multiple devices makes the music pass even more of a bargain :)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Could it be that the music is actually streaming, if the file is no longer ther, but because you have a pass you can stream, that the phone hasn't just defaulted to finding the file in the cloud instead of on the phone!!

Yes multiple devices with offline playback is really good.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Would it also be in a different folder? On my 920 I have a folder titled simply "Music", you could have albums downloaded to there if you have the same folder.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Would it also be in a different folder? On my 920 I have a folder titled simply "Music", you could have albums downloaded to there if you have the same folder.

Always worth a check, but the Xbox Music pass stuff is normally in the sub folder of the music folder called Subscription Cache so, Music/Xbox Music/Subscription Cache

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
it looks like it is streaming, turned off data and they wont play

looks like an issue with database due to manually deleting the music, hopefully it will sort itself out at some point, can live with it for now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3