OneDrive integration is here. Yaaayyyy

charktorious

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Figured out my tagging issue - was actually a "Doh!" moment.

I general use "Artist" in my lossy tags, but XBOX Music is using "Album Artist" to grab the Artist name. As soon as a populated that tag, my problem went away. :)

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
All my songs on OneDrive also get part of their genre descriptions cut off--so "instrumental rock" becomes "instrumental roc" which is enough to cause a bunch of duplicate genres. However, it's still only seeing about 12 songs. Looks like I'll need to wait till the next update and try again.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
This would have been a great feature if it has been in addition to the existing features of xbox music

Typical MS though and they have to remove other features instead of improving them, matching music and auto adding to the cloud collection has now gone, makes xbox music for me a bit useless now as it's not possible for me to upload to onedrive just to get my music available everywhere
They should have kept it as it was and added this feature, then the only music that needed to be put in the cloud would be ones that don't exist in the xbox catalogue

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
So pleased about this, just tried it with one album this morning (Been busy lately moving house) and so far so good, but a bit more testing before my entire local music collection heads skywards :smile:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok just copied my Beatles folder containing 8 albums to the OneDrive folder on my desktop (No music was on that PC as I had done a recovery re-install of Windows 8.1 only yesterday).

On my Xbox One I can now see all 8 albums along with the hundreds of XBMP albums and am happily playing Revolver without having to use the clunky media player.

On the desktop I am letting Xbox music settle down as I have found it takes a few minutes to stop getting its knickers in a twist, on first loading I had two copies off all albums, this has settled to just one duplicate but again wont do any thing until I have restarted Xbox music a couple of times for the database to sort itself out.

Haven't had a chance to what has happened on my tablets or laptop yet, will report back

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I still can't see Beatles stored on OneDrive on my Lumia 1520 (RM-938) running Denim.

Xbox music works fine on my Surface Pro 3, so I know the laptop side is ok.

What is going wrong here?

I'm in Guatemala, Central America. Could it be my location? Where do I find location restrictions, if any?

Machiventa858

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Finally!! I've been wanting this feature for years, especially since Google Music allowed people to upload 20,000 tracks. It's just too bad Android isn't supported. And no ability to edit metadata kind of sucks. Oh well, at least they finally launched this feature.

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been testing this for a while now but it have synced only 511 out of the 3000+ songs I've stored in OneDrive.

I don't know why the sync process has stopped or how to reactivate it again ('?_?)

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I put 2 MP3s on OneDrive in my music folder about 20 minutes ago and neither of them show up on Xbox Music on my WP 8.1 Lumia 920. The website says you have to accept the terms, but I don't even know where I need to do that.

EDIT: They show up on the Xbox music Web App in my collection, but not on my phone.

EDIT EDIT!!! The problem is that when I select Songs on Xbox Music on my phone, I also have to tell it to show All Music instead of just streaming or just on my phone. I found it though.

Lost 2 Shirts

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Is music bought from Xbox music being stored in OneDrive now because I looked a few days after the update and all of my 50 albums were in OneDrive or am I missing something?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I think we need something of a force sync option. When I first tried this, I went all out and uploaded all 4000+ of my tracks to OneDrive.

Picked them up fine without a single issue and I was merrily streaming... then I got 32 new songs and uploaded them... won't pick them up and I don't know what I can do to change that.

Machiventa858

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Anyone one else lose all of their photo covers of their music folder on onedrive? Mine are all blue boxes now.

edit - Still no cover photos.

Last edited:

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi I was wondering if it is possible to upload a playlist from Xbox Music on Windows Phone (with MP3's I had before I had the xbox music pass) to OneDrive, so I also can listen (stream) them on my other devices via Xbox music? I haven't found a way to do that on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)