ANyway to stop xbox music from matching

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So the issuei have is when i put songs i own on a windows phone device or using one drive to upload songs to the music folder, xbox music will rearrange songs into duplicate albums.

Meaning you have album A with 10 songs on it which is great, then 10 minutes later, you will see two Album A on your collection with 9 songs in the first one and now 1 song on the 2nd Album A instead of staying in one album. THis only happens when i use song I own, i check the details and all that and they are the same not sure why its happening.

Is it possible to have xbox music never match and try to find the right album or any solution to fix this?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you saw this article but it may be helpful for you.
Easily get rid of duplicate tracks in your Xbox Music library | Windows Central

I did see that article, but that issue is different from mine. I believe that deals with duplicate songs, my issue is that xbox music after 10 minutes or so updating collections once i put songs on my phone or on one drive, it separates one or two songs and creates a duplicate album. THe songs that were separated should be in that same album originally.

FOr example,

I take my Taylor Swift album and put on one drive, i wait a bit and i see in my collections on xbox music on PC. Lets say there are 10 songs on the album, my collections will show 10 songs in one album. After a few minutes, it will take lets say track # 2 and then put it in a new album with the same information as the original album. So now i see Taylor Swift album with nine songs and also see the same taylor wift album with only song #2, no way for me to combine ro get it to go back.

THis only happens when putting songs i own, not if i dl from xbox music subscription which i have.

Surprised nobody has this issue.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Try this,

open Xbox music on a pc

Swipe in the charms menu and choose > settings > preferences

Look and see if the "Automatically retrieve and update meta data" box is checked. If it is, turn it off and then try adding your music again.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Any luck?

So i did try that and it still looked a little screwy, so i decided just to remove all my uploaded music and start from there with that meta data thing turned off. I also checked all the tags and changed them to make sure they match up and it works so far. So it likely was the data thing because some of the albums that had all correct tags dont separate anymore.

thanks!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Try this,

open Xbox music on a pc

Swipe in the charms menu and choose > settings > preferences

Look and see if the "Automatically retrieve and update meta data" box is checked. If it is, turn it off and then try adding your music again.

Nice catch. I truly hate that option in Xbox music and always have to remember to check its turned off when it gets an update or I buy a new device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss