Spotify or Slacker over XBOX Music?

BrayMatter

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey all... Currently using XBOX Music here in Canada and its ok, I guess.

Occasionally ill use Spotify, but not subscribing yet.

Used/subscribed to Slacker in the past, but an update caused it start crashing all the time, (otherwise liked it) so just went back to XBOX Music at the time.

I'm not one who needs to import my music in to the app, but do prefer to be able to download, listen offline or create playlists.

Just listening to different music genres and adding the song to collection/playlist/offline if I like, appeals mostly to me.

Seems as though XBOX music isn't the easiest or has a large enough collection for this type of use though?

What are others thoughts when comparing Slacker or Spotify to XBOX music for this type of feature?

Any suggestions or opinions are welcome.

Thanks

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried Slacker for a month or so and found I didn't think they understood smooth Jazz so I dropped them. Even thought you did not ask, the same goes for Beats. Now Spotify on the other hand, I have a current subscription with them and find I like them a lot. The interface is pretty awesome too. Now Xbox music, to be honest, I don't have a lot of experience with them but I find I do like them. They need to increase their music library is all but as a utility, its pretty dang good. I think you'll be ok with either Spotify or Xbox, in that order.

anon(5667874)

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I found that Spotify has a bit larger music catalog, but Xbox Music also has plenty to choose from. The one major problem I had with Spotify is that when you download music for offline listening, even after you "delete" the offline music it still takes up storage space on your device. The only way I was able to clear up space was to uninstall Spotify, then reinstall. Not optimal.

Overall, I'm pleased with Xbox Music, particularly as they now allow you to upload up to 100 Gb of your own music files to OneDrive, which you can listen to via Xbox Music on Windows devices.

=GO=

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb