Has anyone else experienced this Music app being such a joke?

930Ireland

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Music app still a joke

The music app is still looking tired and boring compared to even the oldest music app seen on the ios platform. It is dull and takes away from the over all feel of my phone! I love my Lumia 930 however going into this to play music reminds me of how behind some aspects of windows are in comparison to android and ios. Something needs to be done soon to fix the bog standard appearance and feel of this! Does anyone else have the same issues?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Music app still a joke

I'm not seeing it.

Compared to iOS, Blackberry 10, some of Android's... they're just music players.

kepner198

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I quite like it. The Music Pass and OneDrive integration makes it, along with its Windows 8 counterpart, my favorite music app ever. It's a little sluggish occasionally, but it does what I need a music app to do, so I'm not complaining.

The Windows 10 Music app seems promising. I'm excited about that.

DEF3NDER

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

I guess it's all personal opinion. I live the app myself. Simple and effective. Only issue is the occasional bugs with songs only playing in 30 second clips.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

*Microsoft says they're not going to update music player and will work on Windows 10*
*they do it*
*930Ireland complains*

Ok

revanthpallagani

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

I may be missing something here but the Music app on my phone always shows a black background. Showing artist image on Lock Screen did not work until I changed my region and xBox region to US. For some reason this stopped working a few days back. And there is no xBox music subscription/support in my country. In short it is bare bones the way I see it. To add a cherry, it has become considerably slower of late.
Another point being, 'recently added' option is gone, I don't see it anywhere.
If I am blatantly missing something which would make experience any better, please suggest me, I am really open to suggestions. If this is due to the regional limitations then Microsoft has work to do rather than porting Cortana to Android and iOS (I admit this is off topic but I want to vent it out).

I would like to add that I was happy with Music+Videos hub. It lacked some of the above mentioned features, but that was good in its own way.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

The Music app on Windows Phone 8.1 is a complete and total embarrassment. How the biggest software company in the world can't get a simple music player right is beyond me. There are people who can code one in an hour.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Just noticed today that the WP app removed songs from each of my playlists which were happily stored on my phone and made them streaming only. Tried downloading them all and now one of my playlists is missing songs. Plus some of the albums I uploaded to Onedrive weren't showing up as available for streaming. Truly atrocious app.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

Works well for me....looks great and no itunes needed, just drag and drop. I suppose everyone likes a moan! But MS wont be too upset if a few users didn't like their app. No music player is perfect.....never will , least there's others on the store. BUT they'll moan about them as well.

revanthpallagani

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Works well for me....looks great and no itunes needed, just drag and drop. I suppose everyone likes a moan! But MS wont be too upset if a few users didn't like their app. No music player is perfect.....never will , least there's others on the store. BUT they'll moan about them as well.

Of course MS won't be upset if some people 'moan' but they will be when it reflects on their market share. I already see higher outrage on forums with the direction they are heading. Seemingly insignificant features like these will have an impact on the users.
I suppose you have Xbox Music pass/subscription and the app looks beautiful with the artist images. That's not the case with other countries, the app is absolutely worth less if you ask me.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

When a music app removes songs from your playlist without asking and for no good reason, its crap. I never had any major issues till I tried the much vaunted onedrive streaming, then it starts playing havoc with my music. Instructions were simple enough, upload your music to onedrive then turn on streaming in the app, yet all that does is introduce problems. How is that a good music player?

And people aren't just moaning because they like the sound of it, from the moment they removed it from the OS and made it a separate app its been a constant pain point for the vast majority of WP users. For all the faults of the previous versions they never inspired such negative feedback as the 8.1 version. That's a pretty good measure that the app is not up to the task its meant for. Making excuses wont change that.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
No music player is perfect? Ever hear of PowerAmp, Foobar2000, Clementine, HTC Sense Music, or the original iOS music player?

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I cant stream music anymore. It keeps saying check connectivity but everything else works fine. I have unlimited internet with 8.1.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo