Question: can I purchase music as a gift to someone?

Pitiated

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello there,

(Thanks for joining this thread).

I?m curious about purchasing music, as a gift (using xbox music). I found an album, I believe my girlfriend is going to like. My idea is to buy the album for her, using my (account?), credit card. I don?t know if this is possible, and if it works. How would she get it?

In the case xbox music doesn't? allowed purchasing music as a gift. Any other recommendation?

PS: I couldn't find a thread asking the same question (reason why I created this one).

Pitiated

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
No worries, I used Amazon (mp3 download). Now I have to teach her how to upload music to OneDrive, so the albums goes with her.

​Thanks

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Not in the sense that you could buy music and it shows up on someone else's account. However, you could send a gift card for the Microsoft store or Xbox store (gift cards show in the same account (MS) when redeemed and can be used for apps, music, and/or games)...

The only issue with a gift card is that they are in set amounts and there could be some change left over after something is purchased and the tax is calculated. Although the balance carries over to the next gift card that is added.

Pitiated

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Not in the sense that you could buy music and it shows up on someone else's account. However, you could send a gift card for the Microsoft store or Xbox store (gift cards show in the same account (MS) when redeemed and can be used for apps, music, and/or games)...

The only issue with a gift card is that they are in set amounts and there could be some change left over after something is purchased and the tax is calculated. Although the balance carries over to the next gift card that is added.

I thought about the gift cards, but I wanted to be a surprise and not a process of telling what to get (kills the surprise).

Thanks anyway. Perhaps I should leave feedback to the Xbox team.​​

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven