Question about uploading to Xbox Music?

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking about doing this and moving away from Google all together however what I would liked to know is does Xbox music have like a match feature? What I mean by this is does it look at your library and say if you have a song by Bon Jovi which it has stored in its database it automatically uses this rather than you having to upload everything?

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It does but its not automatic anymore, since the onedrive addition (and its only for music pass subscribers)

If you look in the store and find the exact same album that you have locally and add it to your collection it will merge the 2
so the machine with the local copies will only see your local album, all other devices will use the music catalogue version

I found this out by accident a few weeks ago, saved me having to upload many albums

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank G-d they finally merged music with One Drive... its one of the main reasons I went with Google Play over Xbox Music. Google let me upload 20gb for free which is a huge deal!

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So tried to upload 2 fairly popular songs which they had in their library, no matching at all. Had to upload both which on my connection took about 3-4 mins,I have a couple thousand songs. Think ill give it a miss, shame as I have 1TB storage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire